GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well, *I* thought Reloaded was good."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/05/03 at 18:34
Regular
Just got back from seeing it with a bunch of college mates. One of my other mates saw it and said it was crap, but didn't want to say why so it wouldn't be spoilt for us.

Now I want to know what was wrong with it in his eyes.

The Matrix started well, slowed down then had an amazing last twenty or so minutes (everything from Neo walking into the government building)

Reloaded started slow then picked up pace. The rave/love scene was pointless. The first 10/20 minutes or so just made it look like Neo and Trinity were desperate to have sex, not that they were in love.

But the Neo/100 Smiths scene was amazing. The fight with the humans was good, and the car chase was what made me decide "Yeah, this film rules."

Neo doing a Superman and flying really fast to save his bird was really good, but it was painfully obvious she was going to die and he'd bring her back.

I think I was the only one who wasn't bothered by Neo frying the machines at the end. I accepted it because either he has powers outside the Matrix, or they are, in fact, in another sort of Matrix or something similar.

Looking forward to the sequel and the DVD of this one. Balls to anyone who said it's pants, it's blatantly not. It's an entertaining film, nothing more, nothing less. And that's all that matters.
Fri 23/05/03 at 18:34
Regular
"That's right!"
Just got back from seeing it with a bunch of college mates. One of my other mates saw it and said it was crap, but didn't want to say why so it wouldn't be spoilt for us.

Now I want to know what was wrong with it in his eyes.

The Matrix started well, slowed down then had an amazing last twenty or so minutes (everything from Neo walking into the government building)

Reloaded started slow then picked up pace. The rave/love scene was pointless. The first 10/20 minutes or so just made it look like Neo and Trinity were desperate to have sex, not that they were in love.

But the Neo/100 Smiths scene was amazing. The fight with the humans was good, and the car chase was what made me decide "Yeah, this film rules."

Neo doing a Superman and flying really fast to save his bird was really good, but it was painfully obvious she was going to die and he'd bring her back.

I think I was the only one who wasn't bothered by Neo frying the machines at the end. I accepted it because either he has powers outside the Matrix, or they are, in fact, in another sort of Matrix or something similar.

Looking forward to the sequel and the DVD of this one. Balls to anyone who said it's pants, it's blatantly not. It's an entertaining film, nothing more, nothing less. And that's all that matters.
Fri 23/05/03 at 18:35
Regular
"That's right!"
God dammit, ignore this, I got damn errors when trying to post, so I did it again. Stupid server.
Fri 23/05/03 at 18:36
Regular
s'ok thats happened 3 times today.

I also enjoyed reloaded. it was loaded with god bothering philosophy, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the neo/smith fight and motorway bits
Fri 23/05/03 at 18:36
Regular
Make up yer mind kid.
Was it good or was it amazing?
Bad maybe?
Fri 23/05/03 at 18:40
Regular
"That's right!"
Heh, I pasted the stuff back in (I always copy it because at one point SR was notorious for having errors and IE doesn't save your stuff) but I had to retype the title. And I couldn't remember what I'd put...
Fri 23/05/03 at 18:46
Regular
I was reading some random DVD mag in the newsagents and it said you won't have to wait long for a DVD, with a supposed three disc set coming out just before Revolutions.

Though there will almost definately be a Trilogy box set - all comes down to whether you can wait I suppose.
Fri 23/05/03 at 19:00
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> s'ok thats happened 3 times today.
>
> I also enjoyed reloaded. it was loaded with god bothering philosophy,
> but I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the neo/smith fight and
> motorway bits

Not really any philosophy, more just random jargon which was not needed to understand the plot.

I really enjoyed the film. The fights were excellent although a bit ridiculous, ie. Neo v's 100's of Smiths. Some of the special effects were just too computer generated, like the fight on the lorry's and the can opener effect when the top of the car got ripped off. Some nice little touches like the intro. Were some humorous comments like the "i see you have some skill" and the fight with the weapons in the French guys mansion/hotel was really cool. I want to see it again now.

If you havnt seen it go and see it!
Fri 23/05/03 at 19:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I also enjoyed the film, it wasnt as good as the first one, but sequels rarely are. I also thought that the rave/sex scene could have been doing with getting cut out. But in the end it was still enjoyable.

And if you waited behind for the Revolutions trailer you will have seen there is plenty more action to come.

:)
Fri 23/05/03 at 19:27
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
cookie monster wrote:
> And if you waited behind for the Revolutions trailer you will have
> seen there is plenty more action to come.

Or just download the trailer and get home early :)
Fri 23/05/03 at 19:56
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
cookie monster wrote:
> I also enjoyed the film, it wasnt as good as the first one, but
> sequels rarely are. I also thought that the rave/sex scene could have
> been doing with getting cut out. But in the end it was still
> enjoyable.
>
> And if you waited behind for the Revolutions trailer you will have
> seen there is plenty more action to come.
>
> :)

Yeah. Nice to hear that SOMEONE ELSE knew about the trailer :D

I thought it totally owned.

Shaun - already seen it twice. Seeing it for third time tomorrow :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.