GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Biggest fault in Matrix."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/05/03 at 23:13
Regular
The first Matrix I am talking about. Having seen Reloaded three times, just for the hell of still wanting to claim its just an 'ok' film. I thought of something when seeing the far superior original.

Cypher. Yeah.. how did he enter the Matrix to talk with Agent Smith in the first film without any of the others knowing. Even though he clearly has to have help unplugging himself.

Hope that ruins the film for you.

Stupid philobabble crap.

Cause and Effect. Pff.

:)
Fri 23/05/03 at 10:50
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It makes me laugh when I read on a forum that people were saying the special effects were crap. Some suggested that the people behind the FX needed to scan a GIF of the actors faces and wrap it around the character models head. I just thought 'Sure, the makers of the most complex visual effects shots ever committed to film are going to take advice from a spack in a chat forum'.
Fri 23/05/03 at 10:41
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
One with sunglasses, coolness a-go-go and style.

Everyone moaning about it, your task is to go and watch Yojimbo/Citizen Kane/The Killing and Battleship Potemkin.
These are films meant to be studied and pontificated over.

I'll go watch The Matrix films, enjoy them as everything the Star Wars movies should have been and have a fine old time.
Then I'll buy them on DVD and watch them again and again. Because I enjoy them.

"It's crap"
No, it's not to your liking. There is a difference.
Fri 23/05/03 at 10:37
"Darth Vader 3442321"
The Matrix rocked: it takes all the best ideas from other films and lovingly crafts them into one.
Fri 23/05/03 at 10:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
This makes me laugh.
So many "Waaah waaah waaaah Matrix sucked, I could have done better"

*waves £5 in air*
Where can I see all of you naysayers movies then?
No? That's odd though, seeing as everyone sees to know how to do better.
Hmmmm...I guess until I track down the cinemas across the land showing your films I'll stick with The Matrix movies.

Oh, and in between you all writing these masterpieces, don't forget to flip those burgers real good otherwise you'll get fired.
Fri 23/05/03 at 10:17
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
You don't need someone to unplug you. In the game, Trinity and Ghost are both plugged in and play fighting each other and the session ends at the same time, and they both wake up. Who knows, maybe in the future, someone's invented some sort of 'timer'?

What I want to know is, why don't they eat stuff in the Construct? If it's practically real in there, why not stuff your face in an 'eating' program, fooling your brain that you've been well fed? I'd argue further, but I don't really care.
Fri 23/05/03 at 09:05
Regular
"the burning sky"
BEARDS. wrote:
> More problems with the Matrix, specifically the Lobby scene.
>
> Why does he have to use guns? Would non-leathal weaponry not have
> sufficed? I thought he was meant to be saving the people inside the
> Matrix, not brutally killing them.

If you noticed, alot of the guards were quite old - and releasing them from the matrix would be pointless - but still, he put about six bullets into the first guys chest!!
Fri 23/05/03 at 09:02
Regular
"the burning sky"
Okay, it's clear that Cypher couldn't ram the spike into his own head and then pull it out. So someone else aboard the Nebuchadnezzer must have done it for him. Now i reckon that Cypher would tell Tank that he was going into the Matrix to "use" the simulated sex program (or whatever it is) that Mouse or someone created. Tank - unless gay - would not want to watch Cypher doing this stuff, leaving Cypher to his own devices! Cypher would then contact Tank to be released from the "simulation". Is that OK for all you nitpickers?!?!
Fri 23/05/03 at 07:08
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Yeah, but I thought the effects looked crap when he just had loads of cars spinning around him.
Fri 23/05/03 at 01:52
Regular
"everyone says it"
BEARDS. wrote:
> More problems with the Matrix, specifically the Lobby scene.
>
> Why does he have to use guns? Would non-leathal weaponry not have
> sufficed? I thought he was meant to be saving the people inside the
> Matrix, not brutally killing them.

Thats what I thought.

He has killed more than he has saved. Did you see how much havoc he caused with his flying!

I would be pretty peeved off if that was my car!
Fri 23/05/03 at 01:36
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
More problems with the Matrix, specifically the Lobby scene.

Why does he have to use guns? Would non-leathal weaponry not have sufficed? I thought he was meant to be saving the people inside the Matrix, not brutally killing them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.