GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saw the Matrix Reloaded today"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/05/03 at 14:13
Regular
Managed to get free tickets - they were given a free viewing a couple of days before official release to anyone who works in Lakeside Shopping Centre, Thurrock, and as I work there, I was entitled to a free show, in Warner Bros Cinemas no less. Woohoo!

Anyway, down to the film. This review is on the whole positive - after reading some slightly mixed/negative reviews online, I can understand their point of view. Most of us have probably seen the original a hundred of times, and the impact that had on us will never be repeated by a sequel, and as such, there is nothing as jaw-droppingly amazing as our introduction to bullet time in the original. That said, the effects are astounding. It starts slow, and seeing Zion isn’t as exciting as we thought it would be. But following that is the Neo vs. 100 Smiths, and that is amazing.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

I got goosebumps watching it, and the next 5 mins or so was me turning to other people and going - did you see that?! I can’t really go into much else because it is something you have to see for yourself. I can see why some gave it negative reviews - the dialogue does lapse into Lucas-esque pretension sometimes, and it can be a little boring and confusing, and the bit with that French-accented bloke is poor. I think it doesn’t reach the heights of the original, because that was more of a journey of discovery for the story and for those watching and as we already the know the antagonists and protagonists this time, it’s not going to seem as fresh. But, even though the anticipation levels are ludicrously high, just stop expecting miracles and prepare to be amazed by some of the best action sequences ever.
Tue 20/05/03 at 15:09
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I'm going to see it in friday night, hurray, I really cannot wait.

I have heard the ending is somewhat of a cliffhanger...is that so?
Tue 20/05/03 at 14:13
Regular
Managed to get free tickets - they were given a free viewing a couple of days before official release to anyone who works in Lakeside Shopping Centre, Thurrock, and as I work there, I was entitled to a free show, in Warner Bros Cinemas no less. Woohoo!

Anyway, down to the film. This review is on the whole positive - after reading some slightly mixed/negative reviews online, I can understand their point of view. Most of us have probably seen the original a hundred of times, and the impact that had on us will never be repeated by a sequel, and as such, there is nothing as jaw-droppingly amazing as our introduction to bullet time in the original. That said, the effects are astounding. It starts slow, and seeing Zion isn’t as exciting as we thought it would be. But following that is the Neo vs. 100 Smiths, and that is amazing.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

I got goosebumps watching it, and the next 5 mins or so was me turning to other people and going - did you see that?! I can’t really go into much else because it is something you have to see for yourself. I can see why some gave it negative reviews - the dialogue does lapse into Lucas-esque pretension sometimes, and it can be a little boring and confusing, and the bit with that French-accented bloke is poor. I think it doesn’t reach the heights of the original, because that was more of a journey of discovery for the story and for those watching and as we already the know the antagonists and protagonists this time, it’s not going to seem as fresh. But, even though the anticipation levels are ludicrously high, just stop expecting miracles and prepare to be amazed by some of the best action sequences ever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.