GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saw the Matrix Reloaded today"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/05/03 at 14:13
Regular
Managed to get free tickets - they were given a free viewing a couple of days before official release to anyone who works in Lakeside Shopping Centre, Thurrock, and as I work there, I was entitled to a free show, in Warner Bros Cinemas no less. Woohoo!

Anyway, down to the film. This review is on the whole positive - after reading some slightly mixed/negative reviews online, I can understand their point of view. Most of us have probably seen the original a hundred of times, and the impact that had on us will never be repeated by a sequel, and as such, there is nothing as jaw-droppingly amazing as our introduction to bullet time in the original. That said, the effects are astounding. It starts slow, and seeing Zion isn’t as exciting as we thought it would be. But following that is the Neo vs. 100 Smiths, and that is amazing.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

I got goosebumps watching it, and the next 5 mins or so was me turning to other people and going - did you see that?! I can’t really go into much else because it is something you have to see for yourself. I can see why some gave it negative reviews - the dialogue does lapse into Lucas-esque pretension sometimes, and it can be a little boring and confusing, and the bit with that French-accented bloke is poor. I think it doesn’t reach the heights of the original, because that was more of a journey of discovery for the story and for those watching and as we already the know the antagonists and protagonists this time, it’s not going to seem as fresh. But, even though the anticipation levels are ludicrously high, just stop expecting miracles and prepare to be amazed by some of the best action sequences ever.
Thu 22/05/03 at 00:33
Regular
I have to say, I haven't been at all hyped for the release of the film even though I really enjoyed the first film. But the trailer they keep showing on TV looks bad-ass.
Thu 22/05/03 at 00:33
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Loved it, every second. Sure, the script sucked but hello? Star
> Wars? Every sci-fi film ever made? It's impossible to write a good
> script with source material as far out as this.
>
> Lots of people seem intent on nitpicking and pointing out the obvious,
> it seems that many people go to find fault with it rather than enjoy
> it, which is a shame, because it's the most enjoyable film I've seen
> in absolutely ages.

Agree totally except the Love making scene, which was boring!
Thu 22/05/03 at 00:30
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Loved it, every second. Sure, the script sucked but hello? Star Wars? Every sci-fi film ever made? It's impossible to write a good script with source material as far out as this.

Lots of people seem intent on nitpicking and pointing out the obvious, it seems that many people go to find fault with it rather than enjoy it, which is a shame, because it's the most enjoyable film I've seen in absolutely ages.
Thu 22/05/03 at 00:21
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Oh, and they tried to make bits funny, which ruined the mood.
Thu 22/05/03 at 00:16
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Anyone who hasn't seen it, do this:

- Watch it at the cinema and NO dodgy copies, ruining it
- Wait until the end of the credits and there's a trailer for Revolutions
- Get there early and get the best seats

With this advice, you will surely have a great time!
Thu 22/05/03 at 00:13
Regular
"She's a dog!"
The love making scene was very dragged out but......

OH MY GOD it is Fantastic!
Thu 22/05/03 at 00:12
Regular
Just got back from the Cinema.

Two much kissy-kissy between neo and trinity for my liking(perhaps my view would be different if monica bellucci was trinity :D).

but enjoyed it on the whole.
Thu 22/05/03 at 00:11
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
**Warning, this could be considered to contain mild spoilers and contains highly nitpicking statements**

The Zion bit with the dancing/sex is far too long and doesn't fit. The French speaking guy is irritating and does little to move the plot on. The Architect section is one of the worst bits of pseudo-philosophy I've ever seen, in fact the philosophy throughout makes the first one seem incredibly advanced.

It seems crowded, like they had too many ideas to fit in but refused to leave any out. The bits with Agent Smith could have been sculpted to fit better, they stuck out. Though the fight scenes are mostly excellently done, there are parts when the CG is obvious. Annoyingly obvious. When Neo first arrives in Zion, I'd swear the access port in the back of his head appears and disappears at random. The twins aren't in it for long enough and have lines that are even worse than normal.

The ending is the worst ending to a film I've ever seen. It could have fit onto a 1950's B movie.

The script is terrible.

Other than that, it's not a bad film. And the fight on the stairway is quite excellent, as is the motorway section.

Oh, and the Cinema seemed to be slightly out of focus which ****ed me off no end.
Wed 21/05/03 at 22:30
Regular
"everyone says it"
Kiriyama wrote:
> Autolocked69 wrote:
> If the Matrix Reloaded is worst than the original, then the film
> must
> be pretty ****. If think the Matrix films are way overated and those
> slow motion bits look crap and real cheesy after a while.
>
> They are overrated, but still do rule. Revolutions looks like it's
> going back to the roots of dark interiors.

It better be good :P
Wed 21/05/03 at 21:47
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Autolocked69 wrote:
> If the Matrix Reloaded is worst than the original, then the film must
> be pretty ****. If think the Matrix films are way overated and those
> slow motion bits look crap and real cheesy after a while.

They are overrated, but still do rule. Revolutions looks like it's going back to the roots of dark interiors.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.