GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saw the Matrix Reloaded today"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/05/03 at 14:13
Regular
Managed to get free tickets - they were given a free viewing a couple of days before official release to anyone who works in Lakeside Shopping Centre, Thurrock, and as I work there, I was entitled to a free show, in Warner Bros Cinemas no less. Woohoo!

Anyway, down to the film. This review is on the whole positive - after reading some slightly mixed/negative reviews online, I can understand their point of view. Most of us have probably seen the original a hundred of times, and the impact that had on us will never be repeated by a sequel, and as such, there is nothing as jaw-droppingly amazing as our introduction to bullet time in the original. That said, the effects are astounding. It starts slow, and seeing Zion isn’t as exciting as we thought it would be. But following that is the Neo vs. 100 Smiths, and that is amazing.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

I got goosebumps watching it, and the next 5 mins or so was me turning to other people and going - did you see that?! I can’t really go into much else because it is something you have to see for yourself. I can see why some gave it negative reviews - the dialogue does lapse into Lucas-esque pretension sometimes, and it can be a little boring and confusing, and the bit with that French-accented bloke is poor. I think it doesn’t reach the heights of the original, because that was more of a journey of discovery for the story and for those watching and as we already the know the antagonists and protagonists this time, it’s not going to seem as fresh. But, even though the anticipation levels are ludicrously high, just stop expecting miracles and prepare to be amazed by some of the best action sequences ever.
Wed 21/05/03 at 21:46
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
er-no wrote:
> Kiriyama wrote:
> Hey Jobeh, where did you get that font for the menu? It owns.
>
> Gwah?

The font on the top image for "Er-No.tv"

It owns.
Wed 21/05/03 at 21:43
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
If the Matrix Reloaded is worst than the original, then the film must be pretty ****. If think the Matrix films are way overated and those slow motion bits look crap and real cheesy after a while.
Wed 21/05/03 at 11:47
Regular
"everyone says it"
Kiriyama wrote:
> Hey Jobeh, where did you get that font for the menu? It owns.

Gwah?
Wed 21/05/03 at 07:18
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Hey Jobeh, where did you get that font for the menu? It owns.
Tue 20/05/03 at 23:09
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I think its pretty good, but each to their own. Going to be seeing it in the cinema as well soon, as I got a Movie ticket with the Walkers crisps. May even watch my lovely 3 disc SVCD again to tide me over to the DVD release.
Tue 20/05/03 at 23:05
Regular
"everyone says it"
Its crap. There is a perfect review at www.er-no.com on it.

Perfect review. And not by me either!
Tue 20/05/03 at 23:05
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
er-no wrote:
> Its an average film.
>
> Bad cheesy scripting and only three action scenes that make up for the
> money you pay.

I think its quite good. Watched it twice now in 3 days. The action sequences are amazing. The story is quite interesting and is probably a little deeper than most realise. Can't really say more as most wouldnt want to be spoiled. Will get this on DVD once its released.
Tue 20/05/03 at 23:01
Regular
"everyone says it"
Its an average film.

Bad cheesy scripting and only three action scenes that make up for the money you pay.
Tue 20/05/03 at 22:58
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
sum41fan wrote:
> If anyones got kazza you can down load it off there. Thats what i'm
> doing and then i am burning it on to a dvd. So i will have it on dvd

Yes in low quality :) DVD doesnt mean super high quality does it. Its only good when the source is good and at the moment there arent any DVD rips available just TS copies.
Tue 20/05/03 at 19:55
Regular
If anyones got kazza you can down load it off there. Thats what i'm doing and then i am burning it on to a dvd. So i will have it on dvd

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.