GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saw the Matrix Reloaded today"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/05/03 at 14:13
Regular
Managed to get free tickets - they were given a free viewing a couple of days before official release to anyone who works in Lakeside Shopping Centre, Thurrock, and as I work there, I was entitled to a free show, in Warner Bros Cinemas no less. Woohoo!

Anyway, down to the film. This review is on the whole positive - after reading some slightly mixed/negative reviews online, I can understand their point of view. Most of us have probably seen the original a hundred of times, and the impact that had on us will never be repeated by a sequel, and as such, there is nothing as jaw-droppingly amazing as our introduction to bullet time in the original. That said, the effects are astounding. It starts slow, and seeing Zion isn’t as exciting as we thought it would be. But following that is the Neo vs. 100 Smiths, and that is amazing.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

I got goosebumps watching it, and the next 5 mins or so was me turning to other people and going - did you see that?! I can’t really go into much else because it is something you have to see for yourself. I can see why some gave it negative reviews - the dialogue does lapse into Lucas-esque pretension sometimes, and it can be a little boring and confusing, and the bit with that French-accented bloke is poor. I think it doesn’t reach the heights of the original, because that was more of a journey of discovery for the story and for those watching and as we already the know the antagonists and protagonists this time, it’s not going to seem as fresh. But, even though the anticipation levels are ludicrously high, just stop expecting miracles and prepare to be amazed by some of the best action sequences ever.
Sun 25/05/03 at 17:13
Regular
RM18 wrote:
> Agent Smith rules in Reloaded.
>
> Random Human (after seeing Smith): 'Oh God...'
>
> Smith: 'Smith will suffice...'

I liked a different one better

Agent: "You..."

Smith: "Yes me, me, me ,me"

Cloned Smith "Me too"

Loved that bit.
Sun 25/05/03 at 12:05
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> At the end Neo can stop the Sentinels in the same way he can stop
> things in 'The Matrix' Therefore Zion is also a Matrix. So when the
> Architect was talking about the choice, he was talking about which
> Matrix they would go to, the fake world Matrix, or the second Matrix,
> Zion.

There's loads of theories on this bit floating around the interweb at the moment, most of which make some sense.

a) Zion could indeed be another Matrix, another form of control for the 1% of test subjects who 'can't handle the test program', a back-up system to ensure the machines achieve perfection. This would explain how Neo can use his god-like powers against the machines, as he's still in a Matrix.

b) Because Neo is the first 'one' to choose the other door, the door back to the real world and to save his true love (convinently dooming humanity in the process, thanks), his powers have progressed further than any other 'one', which the Architect and the machines could not have predicted, mainly because it's never happened before. After he's seen the Architect, he says 'Something's different' - if he is indeed the one, then his powers may well have transferred from the Matrix to the real world in some way.

c) The sentinels were destroyed by an EMP of the ship that rescued them at the end. After all, it pulls up about 20 seconds after the blast which should be within range, and the effect is exactly the same. This is obviously the crappest theory.

> He still looks gay when he flies, and it looks like he's dropped one
> before he takes off. Blast off.

This is true.
Sun 25/05/03 at 00:36
Regular
"not dead"
I didn't like the original movie, too many special effects, not much else.

However, I thought that Reloaded was pretty cool. The story was developed enough to actually make the first film worthwhile. The fight scenes were great, and some of the special effects were stunning.

The slow motion and camera freeze shots I don't like though. They just don't do anything for me.

COULD SOMEONE THAT HAS SEEN THE MOVIE TELL ME IF THEY CAME TO THE SAME CONCLUSION HERE. OBVIOUSLY A SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T...

Ths may have been obvious, but I didn't get it until afterwards, and hey maybe I'm wrong, so tell me, am I right...

At the end Neo can stop the Sentinels in the same way he can stop things in 'The Matrix' Therefore Zion is also a Matrix. So when the Architect was talking about the choice, he was talking about which Matrix they would go to, the fake world Matrix, or the second Matrix, Zion.

That's why Neo went into a coma, the realisation that what he thought he knew was wrong.

Just like when they pulled him out in the first place, in the original movie.

END SPOILERS

He still looks gay when he flies, and it looks like he's dropped one before he takes off. Blast off.
Fri 23/05/03 at 18:37
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I saw it today, it was bloody amazing. It was so good I could almost have cried. Those effect were amazing, but there was a good even mix between the effects and a great story-line.

But like the first movie, there were some parts I didn't quite understand, so I'm gonna see it again next week.

In my opinion this is going to be the best movie trilogy ever!
Fri 23/05/03 at 17:43
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> I went and seen it today. I can see what people mean when they talk
> about too many set pieces, and in places neo looks like a CGI. But i
> still enjoyed the film, the way Agent Smith has devloped is very
> interesting.

Agent Smith rules in Reloaded.

Random Human (after seeing Smith): 'Oh God...'

Smith: 'Smith will suffice...'

:D
Fri 23/05/03 at 15:13
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I went and seen it today. I can see what people mean when they talk about too many set pieces, and in places neo looks like a CGI. But i still enjoyed the film, the way Agent Smith has devloped is very interesting.
Fri 23/05/03 at 10:17
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Reloaded was like the Two Towers: an inferior sequel.
Thu 22/05/03 at 18:20
Regular
Autolocked69 wrote:
> If the Matrix Reloaded is worst than the original, then the film must
> be pretty ****. If think the Matrix films are way overated and those
> slow motion bits look crap and real cheesy after a while.

THe only reason that they look so bad now is because it's used so much. Back in 1999 there was nothing like it.
Thu 22/05/03 at 18:15
Regular
davidsobell wrote:
> - Get there early and get the best seats

Heh, I went and bought my tickets on Monday, I've now got the seats in the VERY middle. WOOOOOOOO!!!

I'll have seen it by this time tomorrow. HURRAH!!!
Thu 22/05/03 at 16:11
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I have to say, I haven't been at all hyped for the release of the
> film
> even though I really enjoyed the first film. But the trailer they
> keep
> showing on TV looks bad-ass.
>
> Hell yeah. I thought they'd ruined the Neo/Smith fight on the
> trailer, but there's so much more to it then they've showed. I'm
> still stunned now, sitting at home. Awesome, just awesome.

I'm going to see it again just for that fight

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.