GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The best ending in a video game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/02/01 at 22:27
Regular
The best ending in a video game.... or the worst....

How about best game intro? ... anyone, eh, eh, eh?
Fri 02/02/01 at 10:12
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Res Evil II was a good ending, because just when you thought you'd finally finished, you got an extra bit to do, then you got another ending.

Metal Gear Solid has to be one of the longest endings of all time, but worth it to see your stats at the end. A good reward for a successfully completed mission, but then EVERYTHING about Metal Gear Solid was good.

Final Fantasy 7 and 8 also had great endings, you really felt that all those weeks of building up your characters and defeating bosses were worth it.

Rings of Power on the Megadrive was another RPG that rewarded you nicely for completing the game.

Bad ones have to include Ridge Racer, Porsche Boxter, in fact most driving games don't have really good rewards at the end, except for a few extra cars, it would be nice to see the genre change in this respect. Then of course there are all the footie games, the management sims, ..... blimey, is it only RPGs that have endings to them?
Fri 02/02/01 at 08:31
Regular
"not dead"
Best intro? Without doubt Donkey Kong 64's DK rap.

Best ending? Fantasy Zone 2: The Tears Of Opa-Opa. From the moment that you meet the final boss, until the end credits, it's absolutely fantastic!

The fact that I can remember it, when I haven't seen it for over 10 years shows just how good I remember it to be!

I hate it when endings promise sequels, but they never come, such as Golvelius, and Shadowrun.

Multiple Endings are always good. Chrono Trigger had at least 10 different endings depending upon when you finished the game.
Thu 01/02/01 at 23:32
Regular
i hated that game...flippin NOM gave it 90%!
Thu 01/02/01 at 23:13
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
50 squid for South Park?

Ouch!... Whatever title you picked up you must have been miffed!
Thu 01/02/01 at 22:57
Regular
is it worth £50?? i mean in the past i have spent £50 on south park and i was very very annoyed
Thu 01/02/01 at 22:54
Regular
There's a time limit to the game, you've got to consume your time well, and well it's more spooky!
Thu 01/02/01 at 22:52
Regular
is MM worth buying??????? i aint bought it yet....is it really better than ocarina of time?
Thu 01/02/01 at 22:51
Regular
Majora is better, bigger and more enjoyable slightly. The monsters are cooler!
Thu 01/02/01 at 22:49
Regular
those damn shadowhands were annoying!!!!!!
Thu 01/02/01 at 22:44
Regular
The witches. Hee Hee, remember them in MM.
It's the hardest in the game, i love fighting those skulls and lizards.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.