GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The best ending in a video game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/02/01 at 22:27
Regular
The best ending in a video game.... or the worst....

How about best game intro? ... anyone, eh, eh, eh?
Fri 02/02/01 at 19:18
Regular
That's like the Tom & Jerry cartoons!
Fri 02/02/01 at 19:00
The best ending is the one where the screen slowly gets smaller until you can only see a white dot, which disappears, leaving the screen blank.
Fri 02/02/01 at 18:44
Regular
I think the best ending is in Command & Conquer Red Alert.

Stalin is buried under rubble with his head sticking out. Soldiers are searching the building he's in for survivors. One soldier finds Stalin and calls the commander saying "I've found a survivor!"

The commander takes a look and see's it's Stalin and tells the soldier to leave. the soldier starts to protest but the commander insists!

Then the commander picks up a rock and places it over the space which had had Salins face sticking out.

The worst game ending I've seen is on one of my brothers old gameboy games call all that happens is the screen goes blank and you see "Game Over"!

The best intro is probably in Star Trek: Starfleet Academy. It's like watching an episode! In fact most of the game is! Plus depending on what options you choose in the missions the movie clips are different! But in the intro it shows Captain Kirk welcoming new mmbers of the Academy and starting it all off!

The worst intro I've seen would have to be 5-in-1 Gameboy Gallery for monochrome! It's not got one basically! Plus the game's rubbish!

Fri 02/02/01 at 18:10
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
The best ending is a game is is in Sonic Adventure where Sonic runs off with Knuckles and Tails gets beaten up by Robotnic....and then where all the bunnies get in cars and try to race through the Sonic Adventure 2 picture in the Window of Mario's house!

And then In Mario 64 where you run off with peach and the toads cry and then where Wario jumps out of the Mario cart and goes to talk with Bowser about the Gamecube in Mario Kart if you eat al the Bananna skins

Do you agree!

The Game
Fri 02/02/01 at 18:06
Regular
"Whatever!"
Best ending is in I think Flashback on the Amiga - I cant for the life of me remember how it went now, all I know is it had a brilliant ending - mind you the whole game and cut scenes were quality!!
Fri 02/02/01 at 18:03
Regular
"Whatever!"
I loke the intro to Dino Crisis 2 - Where the T Rex gets blasted in the eye, its great that is!!
Fri 02/02/01 at 17:58
Regular
Ending to unreal Tournament: Congratulations you are the winner!
Fri 02/02/01 at 17:56
Regular
"Congraturations you are good player!"

DAMN YOU!!! I TOOK CONSULING FOR THAT!!!

(Der-dee-der-dum, der-dee-der-dum, derr-dee-de-de-de-dee-dum)

ARGHHHHH!!!

Fri 02/02/01 at 11:35
Regular
"Complete Banker"
A terrible ending was in Syndicate were all that happened that the little FMV sequence that you got at the end of each mission was in black and white - Woo Hoo!?
A good ending was Abe's Oddesee - especially if you saved all 100 of those guys.... but I didn't.
Fri 02/02/01 at 10:19
Regular
"not dead"
FantasyMeisteŽ wrote:
> blimey, is it only RPGs
> that have endings to them?

No.

Fantasy Zone was a shoot 'em-up.

Shinobi on the SMS had a rubbish ending, it just said "Game Over". Maybe I'd missed something?

Bugs Bunny in Crazy Castle on the GameBoy had 80 odd levels, and when you got to the end you just got the following message:

"Congraturations you are good player!"

Damn, now I've got the stupid music stuck in my head!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.