GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The best ending in a video game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/02/01 at 22:27
Regular
The best ending in a video game.... or the worst....

How about best game intro? ... anyone, eh, eh, eh?
Sun 04/02/01 at 22:54
Regular
the worst ending has to be for championship manager 97/98 on the PC . it is a disgrace. i played 30 seasons and all of a sudden it said " the year is 2026. u have been playing cm9798 for around 30 seasons. thank u for playing" its a disgrace. i played that career for at least a year and all it gave me was that.
Sun 04/02/01 at 20:05
Regular
The best ending has to be Pacman... I mean, you've got to see it to believe it... :D

Worst... James Pond 2.

"Congratulations on winning the game."

Well... thanks a lot.
Sat 03/02/01 at 22:10
Regular
"Under the Wall"
Hi again.

Worst ending;
Enduro racer, master system. It takes itself so seriously too, and you know the whole game was pants. And too easy.

Actually scratch that, it's the ending for logic on my 8210. It just says 'game over'. The first few times you play you don't even know if you won or if you ran out of guesses and lost.

Best ending for failing;
Shadowman, after legion kills you.

Best winning ending;
Hmmmm, tricky...
Enduro racer. The staticy fizz of the tv when you turned it off was such a relief.
Sat 03/02/01 at 15:07
Regular
South PArk? Er.....never say that game again.....er.....no
Sat 03/02/01 at 15:03
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
II saw 3 of the 4 possible Deus Ex endings... and thought they could have been a bit longer...

Though telling everythin in wrotong... a couple of visual snapshots wuld have bee nice! :)
Fri 02/02/01 at 23:38
"Uzi Lover"
South Park:

I never reached the end as the start was unbarable enough :)
Fri 02/02/01 at 22:07
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I can think of 2 crap endings. One was desert strike - sheer hell then your shoulder is shook by the president of the united states (in a very graphically bad way) and the credits go up !
The second is, well, EVERY DAMN FOOTBALL GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED !!!! You spend hours and hours on a season, you finally win ! your reward ? Er, your "ecstatic" players run around in a very crap way with the cup for about 10 seconds OR you see them sitting for a team photo ! AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH !!!!!!!

Fri 02/02/01 at 21:14
Silent Hill, the bad ending because its the worst ending any gamer could possibly hope for,... after playing 8hrs non stop I had to kill the police women who was trying to help me because she got possesed, kill the cute nurse because she started bleeding all over, and fill my daughter with 12 rounds of the shotgun to finsh her off (because shes the spawn of Satan!)....Then you die in a car crash ...Game Over.

Anoying yes, but youll play it again to get the better ending. Therefore its the most memorable ending ever!!
Fri 02/02/01 at 19:34
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
"Congraturations you are good player!"

Is probably the best send off any of us can hope for the day we retire! :)
Fri 02/02/01 at 19:19
Regular
Just like Mario Land on the SNES, remember mario's pose at the end!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.