GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Might make you think differently"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/05/03 at 00:30
Regular
Okay, I want to know something. How many of you on here just read posts rather than writing your own? I mean sure, everyone pops on and just reads for a bit, but does anyone actually come on JUST to read other people's posts? I don't believe that people come on just to post their own stuff. I reckon a lot of the time, there's at least 50% more people reading the site than there is posting on it.

So, I want the ratio you spend reading the site, and the ratio you spend posting. Mine's about 70/30 in favour of reading.

And yes, I am very bored and can't sleep due to wanting to see Matrix Reloaded. *watches trailer again*
Fri 09/05/03 at 13:42
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
And then.....

1 to resuurect the post a year later

5 to whine about someone bringing the post back up

10 to flame the whiners

10 to flame the flamers
Fri 09/05/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I didn't write this. I stole it.
Fri 09/05/03 at 13:44
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ooh, when's this lightbulb being changed? Sounds like fun. Can I film it?
Fri 09/05/03 at 14:05
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> So, I want the ratio you spend reading the site, and the ratio you
> spend posting. Mine's about 70/30 in favour of reading.

It varies, I go through phases where I just read and don't post because it's all been said already, so for weeks on end I could be 100% just reading.

Then something exciting happens that has ramifications in all sorts of directions and I go back to sporadic bursts of 50% reading and 50% posting.
Fri 09/05/03 at 14:27
Regular
Got no one to see the matrix :\
Sister have exams, mates have exams its kind of sad just sitting in the cinema on your own watching a quality film
Fri 09/05/03 at 15:43
Regular
I can't see anyone posting 50/50. For that, you'd have to post one message for each other post your read. Yes?
To post more than 50/50, you'd have to post things and not read as many replies as you post.

Or am I talking crap?
Fri 09/05/03 at 15:55
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I probably have a ratio of something like 70/30, in favour of reading posts, rather than writing them - now.

As you'll probably know, I used to post a lot more when there were 3 GAD competitions - likewise with everyone else.

I just don't really have that kind of "motivation" to vent my opinions anymore, and only really post topics now to alert people of the latest news, or something short-'n'-simple like that.

If you want more "quality" posting, you know what you'd have to do...! ;D
Fri 09/05/03 at 15:58
Regular
"\\"
I'm sure most people have at least 90/10 in favour of reading, because who posts almost every other post? no one, because we avoid spamming.

Mine is very low, because the more i post the more people dislike me.

It might be like 98/2 or something.
Fri 09/05/03 at 15:59
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I've never posted with the intention of winning a GAD, so my ratio sort of stays the same.

I post in spates, so it goes from 50-50, to 90-10(Reading-Typing).
Fri 09/05/03 at 16:07
Regular
"8==="
have approached 50/50 even 60/40 in a few forums
but mainly i'd go with 80/20.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.