GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Might make you think differently"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/05/03 at 00:30
Regular
Okay, I want to know something. How many of you on here just read posts rather than writing your own? I mean sure, everyone pops on and just reads for a bit, but does anyone actually come on JUST to read other people's posts? I don't believe that people come on just to post their own stuff. I reckon a lot of the time, there's at least 50% more people reading the site than there is posting on it.

So, I want the ratio you spend reading the site, and the ratio you spend posting. Mine's about 70/30 in favour of reading.

And yes, I am very bored and can't sleep due to wanting to see Matrix Reloaded. *watches trailer again*
Fri 09/05/03 at 00:30
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Okay, I want to know something. How many of you on here just read posts rather than writing your own? I mean sure, everyone pops on and just reads for a bit, but does anyone actually come on JUST to read other people's posts? I don't believe that people come on just to post their own stuff. I reckon a lot of the time, there's at least 50% more people reading the site than there is posting on it.

So, I want the ratio you spend reading the site, and the ratio you spend posting. Mine's about 70/30 in favour of reading.

And yes, I am very bored and can't sleep due to wanting to see Matrix Reloaded. *watches trailer again*
Fri 09/05/03 at 00:37
Regular
I read more than I write, about 60/40 or somehting like that.
Fri 09/05/03 at 00:40
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
I read more than i write alot lol 90/10
Fri 09/05/03 at 00:45
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Reads topic and doesn't respond.... Thinks to himself, about 80/20.
Fri 09/05/03 at 00:47
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I'm about 67/33.
Fri 09/05/03 at 00:51
Regular
"Laughingstock"
English_Bloke wrote:
> I'm about 67/33.

Oh, abstract.
Okay I've reconsidered my percentages, and I'm now fairly sure that my reading/posting time is 78.1/21.9.
Fri 09/05/03 at 01:08
Regular
"I'm Great."
If I got something to say I say it. Most of the time I have little to say. So my ratio is about 85/15 I guess.
Fri 09/05/03 at 01:40
Regular
"Selected"
How would you write more than you read? You wouldn't have a clue what was going on....
Fri 09/05/03 at 07:41
Regular
"Party Hard"
I only read topics that look interesting.

Therefore, I only post in topics that look interesting.

And that means that I post quite a lot.

20/80 in favour of posting
Fri 09/05/03 at 08:20
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Yeah sometimes I speand the day just reading posts and not replying or posting new threads. Then I get confused when people say I haven't been around for a while. Doh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.