GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Might make you think differently"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/05/03 at 00:30
Regular
Okay, I want to know something. How many of you on here just read posts rather than writing your own? I mean sure, everyone pops on and just reads for a bit, but does anyone actually come on JUST to read other people's posts? I don't believe that people come on just to post their own stuff. I reckon a lot of the time, there's at least 50% more people reading the site than there is posting on it.

So, I want the ratio you spend reading the site, and the ratio you spend posting. Mine's about 70/30 in favour of reading.

And yes, I am very bored and can't sleep due to wanting to see Matrix Reloaded. *watches trailer again*
Fri 09/05/03 at 12:31
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
70/30 in favour of posting if you include replies. How ever if you just mean original posts then probably 50/50.
Fri 09/05/03 at 12:33
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I tend to read through what gobbledygook people are writing rather than write it myself, so it's about 85-15 reading for me.
Fri 09/05/03 at 12:39
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Probably 95/5 in favour of reading. I still haven't got used to this posting lark. Then again, I read a heck of a lot of stuff on this site.
Fri 09/05/03 at 12:58
Regular
I mostly read these days. I post short posts, but long posts are beyond me now that you've stopped giving out DVDs. Can't be bothered.

*waits for tirade of "You only came here for FAD"*

Well, it's true.
Fri 09/05/03 at 13:04
Regular
I admit I posted more when GAD1 was running, but not just for the prizes. The quality of topics seems to have deteriorated now.

For example, a topic about XGRA was turned into a topic with 100+ replies arguing over spelling and grammar. What's up with the members?
Fri 09/05/03 at 13:31
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
They are all chaps in gowns

la la la la la laaaaaaa
Fri 09/05/03 at 13:32
Regular
Nah, I think they've just got crabs in town LOL!
Fri 09/05/03 at 13:33
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Edgy wrote:
> I admit I posted more when GAD1 was running, but not just for the
> prizes. The quality of topics seems to have deteriorated now.
>
> For example, a topic about XGRA was turned into a topic with 100+
> replies arguing over spelling and grammar. What's up with the members?

You've heard the old joke....

How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?
Fri 09/05/03 at 13:38
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Rosalind wrote:

> You've heard the old joke....
>
> How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

Meka Dragon to be the leader of the group

5 newbies to do it for them.

Gerrid and FFF just to stare

Edgy to constantly tip over the ladder

and Mr. Snuggly to laugh at when he falls

that's 10.
Fri 09/05/03 at 13:41
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I'll post the actual answer shall I? (although yours was probably funnier)

--1 to change the light bulb and to post to the forum that the light bulb has been changed;

--14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently;

--7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs;

--27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs;

--53 to flame the spell checkers;

--41 to correct spelling/grammar flames;

--6 to argue over whether it`s "lightbulb" or "light bulb";

--another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive;

--156 to write to the forum administrator about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this forum;

--26 to sign out and post as JATs;

--74 to bash the JAT posts;

--109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this exchange to the litebulb forum;

--203 to demand that cross posting to grammar, spelling and illumination forums about changing light bulbs be stopped

--111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant

--306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

--27 to post URL`s where one can see examples of different light bulbs

--14 to post that the URL`s were posted incorrectly and the post the corrected URL`s

--3 to post about links they found from the URL`s that are relevant to this forum which makes light bulbs relevant to this forum

--33 to link all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and footers and then add "Me too"

--12 to post to the forum that they are never coming back, because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

--19 to quote the "Me too`s" to say "Me three"

--4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

--44 to ask what is "FAQ"

--4 to say "didn`t we go through this already a short time ago on Usenet?"

--143 to ask "what`s Usenet?"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.