GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-2 (discussion, so obviously spoilers)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/05/03 at 18:41
Regular
Had to literally escape college to catch the 3pm showing with a mate. He had to see it that early because any later and the bus he needs to get would stop running. Walked in just as the 20th Century Fox logo came up, so it was good timing (was a dash against time, I'm gonna be in SO much trouble on Monday for running away)

Great opening sequence, with Nightcrawler. The Phoenix thing was obvious to me as soon as I saw Jean Grey having a telepathic spasm. The fire in her eyes later proved my theory. Shaba.

Kind of slowed down at points, not enough action. More violent, though, with Wolverine slicing and dicing soldiers, heh.

Some pretty funny stuff, like when Mystique was flipping off the guards. Thought the "dam's about to blow" lasted too long, seemed to last the entire end of the film. "Oh no, the dam's gonna blow.... in half an hour!"

Decent ending, but why didn't Ice Man freeze the water, or Storm? I assume the prof was too out of it to help. Why did Jean have to live the jet, she could've done it from inside. I understand WHY they had her do it, but no real reason other than "She made a choice" was given.

Anyway, good film, enjoyed it. Not quite the amazing piece of cinema I was expecting, but I still have The Matrix for that.
Thu 01/05/03 at 19:30
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
I saw an advert saying it would be out today, but all of my mates said tomorrow (as did the internet). Gah, why didn't I listen to myself? I'll "catch" (*ahem*) it tomorrow or Saturday :)
Thu 01/05/03 at 18:43
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Well, I guess this is the SPOILERS!!1!! version.

MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Great opening sequence, with Nightcrawler. The Phoenix thing was
> obvious to me as soon as I saw Jean Grey having a telepathic spasm.
> The fire in her eyes later proved my theory. Shaba.

Oh, and the OUTLINE OF THE PHOENIX at the end...

> Decent ending, but why didn't Ice Man freeze the water, or Storm?

Storm just changes the weather, if she made it cold enough to freeze water she'd probably freeze herself.

> Why did Jean have to live
> the jet, she could've done it from inside.

That's my main issue with it.
Thu 01/05/03 at 18:41
Regular
"That's right!"
Had to literally escape college to catch the 3pm showing with a mate. He had to see it that early because any later and the bus he needs to get would stop running. Walked in just as the 20th Century Fox logo came up, so it was good timing (was a dash against time, I'm gonna be in SO much trouble on Monday for running away)

Great opening sequence, with Nightcrawler. The Phoenix thing was obvious to me as soon as I saw Jean Grey having a telepathic spasm. The fire in her eyes later proved my theory. Shaba.

Kind of slowed down at points, not enough action. More violent, though, with Wolverine slicing and dicing soldiers, heh.

Some pretty funny stuff, like when Mystique was flipping off the guards. Thought the "dam's about to blow" lasted too long, seemed to last the entire end of the film. "Oh no, the dam's gonna blow.... in half an hour!"

Decent ending, but why didn't Ice Man freeze the water, or Storm? I assume the prof was too out of it to help. Why did Jean have to live the jet, she could've done it from inside. I understand WHY they had her do it, but no real reason other than "She made a choice" was given.

Anyway, good film, enjoyed it. Not quite the amazing piece of cinema I was expecting, but I still have The Matrix for that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.