GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-2 (discussion, so obviously spoilers)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/05/03 at 18:41
Regular
Had to literally escape college to catch the 3pm showing with a mate. He had to see it that early because any later and the bus he needs to get would stop running. Walked in just as the 20th Century Fox logo came up, so it was good timing (was a dash against time, I'm gonna be in SO much trouble on Monday for running away)

Great opening sequence, with Nightcrawler. The Phoenix thing was obvious to me as soon as I saw Jean Grey having a telepathic spasm. The fire in her eyes later proved my theory. Shaba.

Kind of slowed down at points, not enough action. More violent, though, with Wolverine slicing and dicing soldiers, heh.

Some pretty funny stuff, like when Mystique was flipping off the guards. Thought the "dam's about to blow" lasted too long, seemed to last the entire end of the film. "Oh no, the dam's gonna blow.... in half an hour!"

Decent ending, but why didn't Ice Man freeze the water, or Storm? I assume the prof was too out of it to help. Why did Jean have to live the jet, she could've done it from inside. I understand WHY they had her do it, but no real reason other than "She made a choice" was given.

Anyway, good film, enjoyed it. Not quite the amazing piece of cinema I was expecting, but I still have The Matrix for that.
Mon 05/05/03 at 22:06
Regular
"One More Chance"
Thank you for that Stryke.
Mon 05/05/03 at 20:35
" Crazy!"
When she comes back as the phoenix is she good/bad, then does she turn bad.

I've seen it twice within two days and I don't remember wolverine being shot in the head at the end, half way or so through yeah but not at the end.
Mon 05/05/03 at 20:20
Regular
Jean Grey dies. She comes back as Phoenix, a helluva lot more powerful. She goes evil - Dark Phoenix. She becomes Jean Grey again. Her and Cyclops go at it, Wolverine gets annoyed.
Mon 05/05/03 at 18:13
Regular
"One More Chance"
What's this connection between Jean and 'The Phoenix'? I saw the thing in the water at the end but what does it all mean?

Oh, and I haven't seen the comics or cartoons so if someone could explain...
Mon 05/05/03 at 17:47
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
I clearly haven't seen it yet nor do i want to particularly.

What are you doing Bryan Singer?
Mon 05/05/03 at 17:46
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Its crap at the end tho when wolferine gets shot
Mon 05/05/03 at 17:33
Regular
X3 wishlist -

I want to see Sentinels go crazy on cannon fodder mutants and then have Wolverine claw out their backs as he does in the cartoon. I also want Rogue to get her Superwoman powers and fly. I also wish to see Storm use her flying powers. I want to see The Danger Room, which is utter quality and was abandoned in the first 2 films because of budget.

Apparently in the new next-generation X-Men cartoons, they kill Wolverine and Gambit. This should not be allowed.

Also, let's have a vote. Would you rather they pay loads to bring back Halle Berry or sink the money into special effects?
Mon 05/05/03 at 10:38
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Cid Vilante wrote:
> Did anybody notice that when Mystique was using the computer to look
> up Cerebo (sp,) that the name "Remy LeBeau" came up on the
> list of mutants and such. I'm pretty sure that is the name of Gamibit
> so he did kind of appear in the film if only in the form of text.

Damn, I was just going to point that out. It was on the screen as LeBeau, Remy which puts it alphabetically a few places above Magneto (as "Lensher, Eric") on the list.

On the subject of Phoenix, although it's blatently obvious that it's going to happen there's nothing to say it has to be the central part of the next film. How can we rule out the possibility of it being just part of the end of the next film thus setting up a fourth or (praise the Lord) a 2-film close-release thing like The Matrix is doing?

I want to wipe it from my mind so I can go see it for the first time again!
Sun 04/05/03 at 20:39
Regular
"I'm Great."
Did anybody notice that when Mystique was using the computer to look up Cerebo (sp,) that the name "Remy LeBeau" came up on the list of mutants and such. I'm pretty sure that is the name of Gamibit so he did kind of appear in the film if only in the form of text.
Sat 03/05/03 at 21:37
Regular
"¬_¬"
Stryke wrote:
> Dr Hank McCoy is Beast's name, right?
>
> I admire Nightcrawler. Disaster all around? Cop a feel with Halle
> Berry. Good show that man.
>
> Also, I was so scared Cyclops and Xavier were gonna kiss when Jean
> Grey took pocession of him. Deeply scared.
>
> Rogue was much fitter than before. And I'd forgotten how nice Rebecca
> Romijin is out of make-up.
>
> Really enjoyed it. Wolvy Beserker style was fun.

On the topic of this, I was looking for some nice desktop pics of Rogue, and decided to screw it (since my search wasn't doing too well) and just look at pr0n. And I found some brilliant pics of Rebecca Romijin. And then I found out she was in X-2. And all is well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.