GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-2 (discussion, so obviously spoilers)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/05/03 at 18:41
Regular
Had to literally escape college to catch the 3pm showing with a mate. He had to see it that early because any later and the bus he needs to get would stop running. Walked in just as the 20th Century Fox logo came up, so it was good timing (was a dash against time, I'm gonna be in SO much trouble on Monday for running away)

Great opening sequence, with Nightcrawler. The Phoenix thing was obvious to me as soon as I saw Jean Grey having a telepathic spasm. The fire in her eyes later proved my theory. Shaba.

Kind of slowed down at points, not enough action. More violent, though, with Wolverine slicing and dicing soldiers, heh.

Some pretty funny stuff, like when Mystique was flipping off the guards. Thought the "dam's about to blow" lasted too long, seemed to last the entire end of the film. "Oh no, the dam's gonna blow.... in half an hour!"

Decent ending, but why didn't Ice Man freeze the water, or Storm? I assume the prof was too out of it to help. Why did Jean have to live the jet, she could've done it from inside. I understand WHY they had her do it, but no real reason other than "She made a choice" was given.

Anyway, good film, enjoyed it. Not quite the amazing piece of cinema I was expecting, but I still have The Matrix for that.
Sat 03/05/03 at 14:43
Regular
"That's right!"
I'm way ahead of you, I've got my pink spandex on already. And I'll dig out my hard hat and fake 'tasche.
Sat 03/05/03 at 11:52
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> crying because of what Jean did. At
> first I thought he must've had a cold or something... Ah well, we
> can't be butch, sexist macho meat heads ALL the time. Now where's my
> fairy wand?

--

What a mincer your mate is. But, on the other hand, I did watch Beauty and the Beast the other night. Maybe I should partake in a fairy wand...

There's only one thing for us to do, MoJo. Head down the gym and train with a lot of sweaty blokes. That'll sort it.
Sat 03/05/03 at 01:19
Regular
"Touched!"
Just got back from seeing the film, i enjoyed it, especially Nightcrawler, my mate says that he is mystique's son? weird..anyway, much better than the first and it felt a lot different, rogue did look very fit too :P
Sat 03/05/03 at 00:52
Regular
"That's right!"
Stryke wrote:
> Also, I was so scared Cyclops and Xavier were gonna kiss when Jean
> Grey took pocession of him. Deeply scared.

-------

Ha ha, yeah. I thought they were going to do a "Ghost" and show Xavier as Jean and have them getting off with each other... then cut back to Cyclops necking with wheels. Sick.

On a side note, my mate was almost crying because of what Jean did. At first I thought he must've had a cold or something... Ah well, we can't be butch, sexist macho meat heads ALL the time. Now where's my fairy wand?
Thu 01/05/03 at 23:38
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> Dr Hank McCoy is Beast's name, right?
Right.
Thu 01/05/03 at 23:16
Regular
Dr Hank McCoy is Beast's name, right?

I admire Nightcrawler. Disaster all around? Cop a feel with Halle Berry. Good show that man.

Also, I was so scared Cyclops and Xavier were gonna kiss when Jean Grey took pocession of him. Deeply scared.

Rogue was much fitter than before. And I'd forgotten how nice Rebecca Romijin is out of make-up.

Really enjoyed it. Wolvy Beserker style was fun.
Thu 01/05/03 at 20:28
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Gambit was going to have a cameo, but it was cut. Look out for it on the X-Men 2.5 *rolls eyes*
Thu 01/05/03 at 20:21
Regular
"That's right!"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I must have missed Beast, but I heard he was in it before he went all
> big and blue.

--------

Oops, my bad, remember now. I *knew* I recognised the name of that scientist on the TV, but I didn't bother thinking about it.
Thu 01/05/03 at 20:20
Regular
"That's right!"
I must have missed Beast, but I heard he was in it before he went all big and blue.

And, yeah, that guy's called Collousus (probably spelt wrong) Don't remember hearing a Russian accent on the actor though...
Thu 01/05/03 at 19:35
Regular
"I'm Great."
All this has been said before but still.

Just got back from seeing it and I must say that I am quite happy. The start with Nightcrawler was great. I was really impressed with the teleportation effects.
The Pheonix(sp) thing was so easy to see right from the start.

Nice to see a little appearance from Beast (Dr Hank McCoy) and the guy that turns his body to metal (just can't think of his name, we're thinking that it's something along the lines of Collosus(sp) but my friend say's it's the name of one of the bad guy). Had a few nice little touches through out. Nice to see Wolverine getting to put a few hole in people too.

End was a little long with the dam bursting but the action inside was pretty good. Liked the Wolverinre / Lady death-strike fighth.I got rather aggitated(sp) wating from Lady Death-strike to get her nails out.
Didn't get why Jean had to go out either. Could of been done from inside I think but still.

Overall I'd give it 8 1/2 out of 10.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.