GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-2 (discussion, so obviously spoilers)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/05/03 at 18:41
Regular
Had to literally escape college to catch the 3pm showing with a mate. He had to see it that early because any later and the bus he needs to get would stop running. Walked in just as the 20th Century Fox logo came up, so it was good timing (was a dash against time, I'm gonna be in SO much trouble on Monday for running away)

Great opening sequence, with Nightcrawler. The Phoenix thing was obvious to me as soon as I saw Jean Grey having a telepathic spasm. The fire in her eyes later proved my theory. Shaba.

Kind of slowed down at points, not enough action. More violent, though, with Wolverine slicing and dicing soldiers, heh.

Some pretty funny stuff, like when Mystique was flipping off the guards. Thought the "dam's about to blow" lasted too long, seemed to last the entire end of the film. "Oh no, the dam's gonna blow.... in half an hour!"

Decent ending, but why didn't Ice Man freeze the water, or Storm? I assume the prof was too out of it to help. Why did Jean have to live the jet, she could've done it from inside. I understand WHY they had her do it, but no real reason other than "She made a choice" was given.

Anyway, good film, enjoyed it. Not quite the amazing piece of cinema I was expecting, but I still have The Matrix for that.
Sat 10/05/03 at 11:06
Regular
Meka Dragon wrote:
> >
> One thing I didn't get though, why was Rogue flying the jet at the
> end, then stuggling to land it? Was there any reason for that at
> all?

--

I su'pose it's like giving a kid a car and expecting her to drive it without any lessons. And I think it showed her wanting to help despite being, well, pretty crap.

She's still fit though.
Sat 10/05/03 at 11:04
Regular
"not dead"
Saw it last night, and thought that it was a great action/ superhero movie.

The opening scene was excellent, the black smokey teleportation effects were great.

I can't stand Cyclops though. Never much liked him in the cartoon, now he's just so bloody 'good'. Makes him a crap character. They could leave him out of the next film, he can go off to sulk, or something.

Wolverine owned that movie though. It was kind of his story though, so I'd expect to see a little less of him in the next one.

I thought the way Magneto escaped was excellent. I expected Mystique would just go in there as the guard, I didn't expect the iron in his blood at all.

One thing I didn't get though, why was Rogue flying the jet at the end, then stuggling to land it? Was there any reason for that at all?

One the subject of a third movie, only a few of the cast are signed up for it so far. Most of the new characters in this movie, plus Rogue are the only ones at the mo, but I'd think the others would want to do it, and given the amount this has made so far at the box office, I reckon the budget should be there.

So yeah, best movie featuring a religious German mutant evar!!!!1!
Fri 09/05/03 at 19:00
Regular
I prefer the Pyro bit to the Magneto bit. And Nightcrawler tops them all. But Pyro chats crap - "You know those dangerous mutants? I'm the worse one". Lies! Liiiiiiies! Professor X can kill people by thinking too hard! And Pyro has greasy hair.

Rogue's fit.
Fri 09/05/03 at 18:36
Regular
"That's right!"
The Magneto bit was better.

But the Nightcrawler thing was probably better than that.
Fri 09/05/03 at 17:59
Regular
I know that this is a bit off topic but, me and my brother are having this big argument about which scene in X-men 2 is better, the bit where Pyr(you know that guy who can control fire) or the bit where Magneto is breaking the Plastic Prison with the iron balls.
Tue 06/05/03 at 23:24
Regular
"I'm Great."
I wanna see Gambit with his cards. Maybe charge up a whole pack straight in to the back of a Sentinal. Only have two words to describe that. "Boom Baby".
Tue 06/05/03 at 23:13
Regular
Ineedsleep wrote:
Rogue is too young in my opinion and I
> don't ever remember her having a thing for Wolverine.

--

She always had a thing for Wolverine in the cartoons and comics.

> Would love to see them do the Sentinals (did Stryker design these as
> well?) and bring Jubilee into it as well as Gambit.

--

Nah, Sentinels were designed by a chappie called Trask and Jubilee is crap. I watch to see Gambit go mental with a pack of cards though, and tell Iceman to sod off and claim Rogue for his as in the cartoons.
Tue 06/05/03 at 20:28
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Stryke wrote:
> Also, let's have a vote. Would you rather they pay loads to bring back
> Halle Berry or sink the money into special effects?

Considering she is SOOOO bad, bordering on unwatchable as Storm and isn't actually in the least bit fit as her either, I say sink it all into The Danger Room! Not that I have a clue what it is. But it sounds interesting.
Tue 06/05/03 at 20:24
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I creamed myself several times while in the cinema. It started with the Matrix trailer....then the opening scene with nightcrawler.....then the first time Wolverine gets his claws out......then several times during the scene at the school where Wolverine goes nuts.....and then randomly here and there which I'm putting down to pure excitement. It ruled though. I absolutely loved it. Even better than the first and I loved that HARD! Ahem...

Anyway, I totally didn't get the ending having never been that big a fan of the cartoon or comics. I spotted something under the water which looked like a big dragon and was then told something about a Phoenix so I'm guessing that's what I saw.

Two corny bits which I hated. First was when Jean "died" and Scott started crying on Wolverine's shoulder. All Wolverine's coolness went in that one moment where he cried and said "she's gone". Okay, perhaps they want to show him to be sensitive as he had a thing for her. Then show him to be sensitive, not gay and twatty. Second was at the very end where Patrick says something along the lines of 'there have been many casualties' and it cuts to Scott holding back the tears. Cringe-worthy.

Still, it had me in hysterics watching Magneto and Mystique laughing at the X-Men on the jet. And I'm also running around at the moment going 'SSHH!!' any chance I get and sinking my fists into people's chests. I want claws!!
Tue 06/05/03 at 08:27
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I didn't think Jean died, I thought she was just possessed by Phoenix. I was a bit disappointed about this -she managed this with not one glimpse of the Emron Crystal, intergalactic fighters or laser eyes dad.

In the cartoons (don't know about the comics) Nightcrawler is Mystiques son and also turns out to be Rogues half brother as Mistiques was bringing her up before she became an X-man. Suppose it's good for the ratings but Rogue is too young in my opinion and I don't ever remember her having a thing for Wolverine.

Oh well, the film didn't live up to what I expected so I'll have to wait and see what they churn out next.

Would love to see them do the Sentinals (did Stryker design these as well?) and bring Jubilee into it as well as Gambit.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.