GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well that was depressing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Need For Speed'.
Fri 15/07/05 at 20:11
"possibly impossible"
Played Need for Speed on PSP and on DS today. No competition, the PSP version really outdid the DS in every respect.

However, that said, it still didn't 'do anything' for me, I mean it was a basic racer that wouldn't look out of place on a PS1. I guess that realistic racing games just don't fare that well with the DS, a trend Nintendo seem to uphold with every console, though I do like Asphalt.

I'm happy with the other games I have on DS though, so it's not going to be disappearing anytime soon...
Fri 15/07/05 at 20:11
"possibly impossible"
Played Need for Speed on PSP and on DS today. No competition, the PSP version really outdid the DS in every respect.

However, that said, it still didn't 'do anything' for me, I mean it was a basic racer that wouldn't look out of place on a PS1. I guess that realistic racing games just don't fare that well with the DS, a trend Nintendo seem to uphold with every console, though I do like Asphalt.

I'm happy with the other games I have on DS though, so it's not going to be disappearing anytime soon...
Fri 15/07/05 at 20:41
Regular
"0228"
I saw somebody playing Dynasty Warriors on a PSP yesterday. The graphics were amazing and the screen was huge. It also came with a rather nice case. For free. Stupid Nintendo cheap skates.
Fri 15/07/05 at 20:54
Regular
"Divine Davine"
I know, I know, but what the DS will have (and does have) over the PSP are unique gaming experiences. Kirby, Meteos, Nintendogs, Animal Crossing, blah blah - they all make great use of the hardware.

If you do want to play racing games, yeah the PSP would definitely be your ticket - the DS isn't really the sort of console to play those sort of games. The DS has so much life in it yet - it's gonna be a great year.
Fri 15/07/05 at 21:00
"period drama"
Well, MK in a while, so whatever.
Fri 15/07/05 at 21:13
Regular
"0228"
Mario Kart is the main reason I bought a DS.
Fri 15/07/05 at 21:17
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm still hoping for Smash brothers DS and Mario Party DS.
Fri 15/07/05 at 21:22
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Pikmin is what I want. Stylus control.
Fri 15/07/05 at 21:23
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Wow, Mario Party DS would be amazing! Playing it online with touch screen mini-games.... it would be incredible!

I'm looking forward to Metroid Prime: Hunters, too.
Fri 15/07/05 at 21:31
"possibly impossible"
JC941* wrote:
> Pikmin is what I want. Stylus control.

Pikmin would be fantastic. Age of Empires is looking nice too...
Fri 15/07/05 at 22:44
Regular
"thursdayton!"
JC941* wrote:
> Pikmin is what I want. Stylus control.

*agrees*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.