GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well that was depressing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Need For Speed'.
Fri 15/07/05 at 20:11
"possibly impossible"
Played Need for Speed on PSP and on DS today. No competition, the PSP version really outdid the DS in every respect.

However, that said, it still didn't 'do anything' for me, I mean it was a basic racer that wouldn't look out of place on a PS1. I guess that realistic racing games just don't fare that well with the DS, a trend Nintendo seem to uphold with every console, though I do like Asphalt.

I'm happy with the other games I have on DS though, so it's not going to be disappearing anytime soon...
Mon 18/07/05 at 21:50
Regular
I'll play the next installment on the Xbox :P
Mon 18/07/05 at 16:32
Regular
Mozzy wrote:
> You're not getting Pro Evo, Sony are!
>
> mwhahahaha...

Both consoles I believe.
Mon 18/07/05 at 14:54
"Tesco value"
I think you can hook the PSP up to the TV to play games or DVDs.

like whys though, why would I want too?
Mon 18/07/05 at 14:52
Regular
You can buy a DVD to play on DVD player/PC/Xbox/X360/PS2/PS3/etc.
Or the same film that can only be played on a tiny screen.

I think I know which I'd choose...
Mon 18/07/05 at 00:06
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Edgy wrote:
> And that is why I most likely wont be getting a PSP.

Yeh, I'd agree. DS has some difference to it, and as for the music, I have a portable music player anyway. And as for the DVD.. I'd never use it.
Sun 17/07/05 at 23:22
Regular
And that is why I most likely wont be getting a PSP.

Most PS2 games that I'd be interested in have come out on either GameCube or Xbox anyway.

Here's my total collection of PS2 games amongst a small part of my GameCube/Xbox games collection:

[URL]http://www.lorl.co.uk/PS2%20games.JPG[/URL]
Sun 17/07/05 at 22:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
gerrid wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> The sensible casual gamer will think, "Play on tele for a
> cheaper
> price or put something else in my pocket with my mobile and wallet,
> etc, playing the same games on a smaller screen for a higher
> cost?"
>
> I don't think most sensible people think like that. Most
> people probably don't realise that most of the PSP games are the same
> as PS2 games, or don't care. Lots of people would love to have a
> handheld console that basically plays PS2 games.

Guy I met in the Honduras was raving about the PSP

'It's a PS2 in your hand!!!!!'
'Yeah, exactly, it's a PS2 in your hand, why bother?'
'OMG, cos it's a PS2 in your hand!!!!'
'Do you have a PS2?'
'Yes'
'......'
Sun 17/07/05 at 18:54
Regular
sponsering new comedy on channel 4 is a good idea, ortho get star wars off of it, it has GBA graphics.
Sun 17/07/05 at 13:53
Regular
"Remember me?"
Personally, I'm not at all "for" one console and "against" the other. The DS undoubtedly has more potential for inventive and new gameplay styles. But I can't help but be impressed by a lot of what I've seen on the PSP. I've always stood by the fact that graphics aren't everything, but it does help when playing a game if it's nice (or easy) to look at, and this is something that the PSP has over the DS. Whereas the DS can churn out relatively good visuals in the hands of the right developers, DS games like Rogue Agent, Chaos Theory, NFSU2, etc, show that - at the moment anyway - the DS still struggles with impressing me visually.

As for PSP games being PS2 ports, for me that's no bad thing. I've never owned and probably never will own a PS2... so PS2 ports are no problem, as with any luck they will give me a chance to own and play a few excellent games that I missed out on before.

Both systems have their own strengths and shortcomings, so each handheld complements the other, rather than outdoes it. So as a DS owner, I can honestly say that I'll be picking up a PSP eventually.
Sun 17/07/05 at 13:49
Regular
> Mozzy wrote:
> You're not getting Pro Evo, Sony are!

I'm pretty certain that Winning Eleven is coming out on the DS.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.