GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My mouse keeps playing up"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/04/03 at 11:14
Regular
Its not much but every so often (maybe only once a day) my cursor moves about 10 pixels either up or to the left, and its rather weird... anyone know whats going on?
Sun 27/04/03 at 18:24
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
I disagree, heh, everyone has their own preferences as regards mice/keyboards - I really hate the feel of Logitech keyboards, never use the function keys and would always go for an MS one given the choice, just more to my liking. However, I've had 3 MS and 2 Logitech mice, and the Logitech I have at the moment is by far the best I've ever owned. I was on my second MS Intellimouse explorer before it (first one died, second was in the process of doing so), and after using this and then going back to an intellimouse at work the other day, I found them too light, awkwardly shaped and with buttons I slipped and pressed far too easily.

The MS wireless optical blue mouse is good value for money for what it is, and the only problem I've ever seen customers encounter while using one can be fixed by dropping the mouse on to the desk from about 3 inches...But still, I hear equal complaints about both, and generally just say go with whatever your hand feels most comfortable on.

Anyway, I'm a wires person, and would definately not swap my MX500 for any MS mouse out there.

Argh, longest post I've written in months and it's about bloody mice. Help me.
Sun 27/04/03 at 10:43
Regular
"bing bang bong"
cjh wrote:
> ... and VCR's are???
>
> My mouse pointer does the old flicker now and then, jumps to the left
> and right, for no good reason. But, its a Microsoft Mouse on Microsoft
> software, so what do you expect :)

Microsoft make the only mice worth buying. Their ball mice are outstanding. Mine lasted three years until the sensor on one of the buttons went, heh. It was just as smooth as my optical is now, but I don't have to clean the ball out on this optical :O)
Sun 27/04/03 at 09:50
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
... and VCR's are???

My mouse pointer does the old flicker now and then, jumps to the left and right, for no good reason. But, its a Microsoft Mouse on Microsoft software, so what do you expect :)
Sun 27/04/03 at 01:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Just owning a ball mouse is as good enough a reason to buy a new optical one as any, Dude ball mice went out with VCRs.
Sun 27/04/03 at 00:17
Regular
"bing bang bong"
If it only happens once a day then no problem. It's probably your mouse that is screwed - have you cleaned the rollers recently?
Sun 27/04/03 at 00:07
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
We don't know!

Does it flicker 10px or just.. move once?
Sat 26/04/03 at 22:06
Regular
"\\"
Ahem!!!

Back to me... I think i'm more important. :D
Sat 26/04/03 at 17:24
Regular
Microsoft.com
Sat 26/04/03 at 16:44
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Oooh! Me next!

Basically, after my computer really messed up, I had to reinstall Windows 98 SE. I also reinstalled the drivers for my video camera and scanner, although I can't see how this will have any effect on my mouse. Now, for some strange reason, the cursor moves in 3-pixel steps, rather than one pixel. I know this isn't much, but when I come to make things for my dad's shop or my website and want pixel-precision, it really messes everything up. I suppose all I have to do is reinstall the mouse drivers, but I dunno where the disc is. It's a Microsoft IntelliPoint mouse, so where can I download the drivers from if I have to reinstall them?
Sat 26/04/03 at 02:26
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
DW, use the USB connector for your mouse and USB drivers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.