GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Let the arguing commence!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/10/06 at 16:40
Regular
I believe North Korea have a God given right to bear arms just like everyone else!

*Runs*
Thu 12/10/06 at 09:49
"possibly impossible"
Much as I could argue that the good ol' USA is about as trustworthy as a rattlesnake with a hangover, North Korea is far less stable and more likely to start something with limited or no provocation.

But then I believe that NO country should have the right to bear arms. Consider that for the aguement!
Wed 11/10/06 at 23:01
Regular
Maybe ... he's threatening to set off another nuclear explosion, if America doesn't stand down with it's threat of sanctions ... heh bit of a catch 22 if ever I heard one ...
Wed 11/10/06 at 22:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Considering, as Der Nazi points out, alot of the North Koreans are dying through starvation, instead of pursuing nuclear capabilities then the North Korean government should be using money towards correcting that and actually keeping their people alive instead of developing new weapons which can result in the death of even more of them. (Though i also say my government should be spending alot less on defence and more on improving the poor areas of America and into areas like health and education)

Though i think it's all a move from Jong to try and get more money from China and other countries in exchange for ditching the nuclear program.
Wed 11/10/06 at 19:06
Regular
I ain't going to argue with that :)
Wed 11/10/06 at 18:48
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It is a bit hypocritical for nations to be trying to stop North Korea from creating nuclear weapons when they have nuclear capabilities themselves; Russia and the USA have thousands of warheads each, followed by France with around 350, China and the UK both having 200 or so each.

However, you have to think about the nature of North Korea: It is a repressive, secretive Stalinist nation, where outside of urban areas much of the population is supposedly on the verge of starvation which has killed 500,000-2,000,000 people in the past decade. And a large number of people are locked up in gulags, concentration camps, call them what you will... it's still far from pleasant. The economy is stagnant and in recession, and is funded by selling arms to what are referred to as other "Rogue Nations", as well as suspicions of links to the trade of hard drugs.

If such a nation has nuclear capabilites, then there is a definite risk to peace and risk of escalation to certain conflicts (Especially if it is selling missiles to Iran and Syria, who in turn fund Hezbollah etc. There is a fair deal of doubt here, i'll admit, but you can see the risk. And then there's the fact that the Korean War is still technically going on; there has been no formal treaty to end it. And such a war would be bloody were it to flare up: Seoul is 25 miles or so from the DMZ and would face a huge threat from the KPA's outdated conventional weapons, let alone a nuclear device! Such a war would be bloody; the KPA has 1,000,000-plus troops, South Korea 600,000 or so, along with an American contingent of 17,000 or so. Although there is no immediate threat to a conflict, anything would be bloody, and the arms trading of North Korea is potentially hazardous!

Not forgetting the fact it is a nation led by a delusional, paranoid tyrant... a man who lives like a king whilst his people starve and are left in total ignorance with the indoctrination practised within his nation, and any opposition is brutally repressed. kim jong il (Yes, his name does not deserve capitalisation) can pose a threat to peace in the region as he will not listen to the international community and seems to not care at all. Yes, you have a right to self-determination and self-defence (25% of Noth Korea's GDP is upposedly spent on the military, the World's highest level), but are not the sort of autocrat whose nation should have weapons which pose such a great threat even in a crude, basic form, and is led by those who have no regard for the wider world.
Wed 11/10/06 at 18:32
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I don't really know enough about the situation (other than whats been in the news) to argue a point either way...

That said, one of my uni room-mates was from South Korea and was in the army for a period of time. He said he would never forget every night before bed to put his M16 on the wall behind his bed incase they needed to get up quick if they were needed.
Scary stuff.
Wed 11/10/06 at 18:09
Regular
Well I expected more of a response than this.

Personally I don't trust em ... from what I know they hate pretty much the whole world apart from their allies China. They have a particular dislike of the west.

But then who died and made us 'the world police', telling people what they can and can't do.
Wed 11/10/06 at 16:40
Regular
I believe North Korea have a God given right to bear arms just like everyone else!

*Runs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.