GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Let the arguing commence!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/10/06 at 16:40
Regular
I believe North Korea have a God given right to bear arms just like everyone else!

*Runs*
Fri 13/10/06 at 13:23
Regular
I do agree that saying you hate an entire country is going a bit far ... the big test I think we all have is to judge every single person on their own merits, regardless of race, sex, age, nationality blah blah blah.

We're all the same deep down ... my mum says things like 'all those people in Afghanistan are lunatics', well it's easy to just tar a whole nation with the same brush rather than delve deeper. I'm guessing the majority of people in Afghanistan are decent people like ourselves, who just had the bad luck to be born in a country that is, for want of a better term, 'up the wall'.

Even North Korea, the poor people who live there put up with their lot, or they get locked up for life or murdered ... yet I'm sure there's hundreds/thousands of half witted people throughout the west already shouting 'blow em up!', because that's as far as their chavvy/hillbilly mentality can get. That said a lot of them are co-erced into this way of thinking, certainly in this country anyway, by the media, which just loves to make a drama when there is none. War, death, hatred, murder, that's all you ever read.

Don't know what my point to this was, think I just fancied a rant ... heh, why not ...
Fri 13/10/06 at 07:35
Regular
Ladybird wrote:

>
> My finace is out there in 120 degree weather risking his life
> trying to bring some peace in every aspect of his being there in
> Iraq. He's not only there for the US, but for the Iraqi people
> and all people of this Earth praying for peace.

Brainwashed much? The sad thing is around 50% have been moulded into the same mind of thought in the US, suppossedly the most educated, creative and innovative country with the brightest minds in the world.

I doubt I'll see it in my
> time..I was born into this world with my own father fighting in
> the Vietnam war. I can only pray that we might learn to see the
> patterns and break the cycles.
>
> Peace out.

The patterns being the US attacking yet another country for some ill thought out crusade? Vietnam for the eradication of communism - went well by the way - now Afghanistan and Iraq in the name of freedom.

The peace out remark makes it all the more ironic, but the fact is this. If the US stuck to its own borders, we would all live more stress free lives, and the media would go back to more trivial things such as post office stamp rises and how smug David Cameron always looks. which I would prefer.
Fri 13/10/06 at 05:41
Regular
I was actually thinking you might have had something worthwhile to contribute. Hm. My hormones are in check anyways.. *sighs*
Fri 13/10/06 at 03:14
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
She's obviously on her period...

*Hangs head in shame*

Sorry.
Fri 13/10/06 at 00:41
Regular
Alfonse wrote:
> To be honest, I hate the USA... as a country. I have nothing
> against the citizens.

This sounds entirely conflicting, since the government that presides over the country is voted in by the citizens. If you have nothing against the citizens, then why are you so bothered by the country?

Are the decisions of the Bush administration what you are in dismay over? What decisions?

It also sounds like you're against globalization and free trade, condemning the expansion to international borders of franchised fast food restaurants? Why would you think it is a detriment to any society to share in cultures (food definitely being a part of it)? I don't see anyone shoving a Big Mac down any one's throat..

To say that you hate another country is, in fact, the breeding vain that creates war. I hope you find peace with your inner conflicts. I also hope you aquire the ability to tangibly contribute to efforts for world peace somehow, because this isn't it. Typically, education and traveling abroad seem to bring enlightenment.

As far as North Korea, it's obvious they are the surpressed underdog and want to rule the world. Their mode of obtaining any worldly respect is causing nothing but fear and distruction. I can't see how this will be allowed by the United Nations. We may have another war to contend with very soon, as much as I'd hate to say.

My finace is out there in 120 degree weather risking his life trying to bring some peace in every aspect of his being there in Iraq. He's not only there for the US, but for the Iraqi people and all people of this Earth praying for peace.

I told him the other day, about how wonderful it would be if all the countries came together and instead of spending money and intelligence on war, they invested it on developing a community on the moon. It would be nice to one day have our planet at some sustainability where we can focus on progressing into our vast universe as the human race. I doubt I'll see it in my time..I was born into this world with my own father fighting in the Vietnam war. I can only pray that we might learn to see the patterns and break the cycles.

Peace out.
Thu 12/10/06 at 19:07
Regular
:( I think we should sever ties with that country, they bring us nothing but trouble.

I mean we were never fat until they gave us McDonalds :D

But yeah, I'd like to live in one of those neutral countries. :| I hope Switzerland is still one, I hear the girls are pretty hot.
Thu 12/10/06 at 19:05
Regular
Nah, the USA as a country is an amazing place, always wanted to visit, so many parts of it that I'd like to see.

It's the government, or more specifically, its fop of a leader that I hate. I don't know much about US domestic politics, but as for its foreign policy, it makes me cringe. It's like a gameshow ... which country full of brown people is next? They spent all those dollars on weapons ... can't let em go to waste. They're alienating pretty much the whole muslim world with these skirmishes, Iraq doesn't bear mentioning ... then they go sticking their noses into the Israel/Lebanon conflict, now North Korea ... when does it end?

But a special mention should go to Tony Blair, who has, after all this time, managed to earn a little bit of my respect with regards to some issues. He blindly follows that idiot Bush, putting the British public in danger from any half baked Jihad fanatic who is depressed and fancies becoming a 'Martyr' (in quotes because it's all complete c'rap to me).

Sometimes I wish I lived in a poorer part of the world, living a simpler life, free from all this rubbish.
Thu 12/10/06 at 18:42
Regular
To be honest, I hate the USA... as a country. I have nothing against the citizens.
Thu 12/10/06 at 15:15
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
*Rushes out to build bombshelter*

I think America should back off, it's creating more enemies every day and all those enemies are more unstable than a rhino balancing on a cocktail stick.
Thu 12/10/06 at 15:14
Regular
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6042920.stm[/URL]

"If the US increases pressure upon the DPRK, persistently doing harm to it, it will continue to take physical countermeasures, considering it as a declaration of a war," the statement carried by state news agency KCNA said.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.