GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Let the arguing commence!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/10/06 at 16:40
Regular
I believe North Korea have a God given right to bear arms just like everyone else!

*Runs*
Sun 15/10/06 at 12:39
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hmm now Japan talking about needing nuclear weapons, interesting and quite scary development (though one of Abe's assistants is saying they don't need them however "discussion should be allowed" and Abe is known for wanting a stronger military for Japan). I doubt China will be too happy about that let alone North Korea
Sun 15/10/06 at 12:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Because virtually every topic would need to be changed to that :-P

(by the way Alfonse meant to say earlier, me using this topic as an example for the name change isn't a personal attack on you, just using it as an example and it was the one that was the most obvious and came to mind first)
Sun 15/10/06 at 12:02
Regular
Why don't we just change it to the "Kawada whinge thread"

:D Owned.
Sun 15/10/06 at 11:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
biglime wrote:
> If you must nitpick, I did say 'it would be surprising' if it
> didn't go through one - would it surprise you?

So there isn't any evidence to back it up and just a personal theory, thought so.

> The
> reason was also mentioned before, but I wll reiterate for you -
> it was dramatically skewed from the subject matter, and as a
> result of the edit brought further support and advice to the
> topic.

Yes we know the reason you've given and considering that is the only topic title to be changed then it just comes off as a personal attack and i can understand why Ladybird thinks so on this point. Had you changed other threads, which with your criteria stated here should have been changed, then i doubt there'd have been a problem.
Sun 15/10/06 at 10:54
Regular
"Monochromatic"
You wanna be starting something, communist?
* Dances, Shane McMahon style around CM *
Sun 15/10/06 at 08:00
Regular
"..."
Consider yourselves lucky...

If I was moderating this forum I'd delete all this bickering. If I wanted bickering, I'd go to 'that other place'...
Sun 15/10/06 at 04:18
Regular
"Monochromatic"
biglime wrote:
> As for the editing of a title, I would never haver guessed such
> a trivial change would evoke such tempered emotions.

Thar be a history to that.

> it was dramatically skewed from the subject matter

Wrong, it was a clever title that i suspect most people didnt fully get.

, and as a
> result of the edit brought further support and advice to the
> topic.

Nope sorry, wrong again. All it did was take the subject off into something it wasn't meant to be discussing.
As much as i'm sure you'd love us to pander to the lowest common denominator and call our threads "the fings wot i ave dun today lol" i and some others i'd guess, would rather keep some level of intelligence in this place. Intelligent Chat forum or not.
Sun 15/10/06 at 01:40
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> biglime wrote:
> A cover is more effective than an article anyday etc etc
>
> In the part of your post i quoted and responded to i was talking
> about your comment on the articles and this monitoring body you
> mentioned and asking whether that is just a personal theory or
> if there is anything to back it up.

If you must nitpick, I did say 'it would be surprising' if it didn't go through one - would it surprise you?

As for the editing of a title, I would never haver guessed such a trivial change would evoke such tempered emotions. I've modded several gaming and general discussion forums in my spare time, at the most I get good willed banter concerning the situation. The reason was also mentioned before, but I wll reiterate for you - it was dramatically skewed from the subject matter, and as a result of the edit brought further support and advice to the topic.

Now, let's stop with holding ill founded grudges and continue with the good mannered atmosphere of the forum as before.
Sat 14/10/06 at 22:55
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
biglime wrote:
> The title... well we're arguing after all :)

I could put up a million topics called "Let the arguing commence" and they could all be about different things. I can see where Ladybird is coming from on that point when only her post was changed, which it shouldn't have been in the first place.
Sat 14/10/06 at 22:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
biglime wrote:
> A cover is more effective than an article anyday etc etc

In the part of your post i quoted and responded to i was talking about your comment on the articles and this monitoring body you mentioned and asking whether that is just a personal theory or if there is anything to back it up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.