GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you are reading a book (almost) at this very moment..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/04/03 at 14:26
Regular
Yes, this forum title includes the word "Books" too.
Are any of you in the middle of reading a book?
Just put what it's called, who it's by, and very briefly what it's about.

I'm nearly finished "Firewall" by Andy McNab.

Nick Stone, ex-SAS, is offered the lucrative freelance job of kidnapping a Russian mafia warlord, and delivering him to St. Petersburg. It seems that his problems are over. They are only just begininning.
Sun 27/04/03 at 11:02
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Now:
>
> The Brothers Karamatov - Fyodor Doswecski (sp?)
>
> My head hurts.

Dostoevsky. And Karamazov.

I read Crime and Punishment last year. I think I was feeling Masochistic.
Sun 27/04/03 at 00:17
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Alan is in da house wrote:
> How the hell are you supposed to read a book while typing ?
>
> Probably most of the people that have posted in the thread aren't
> really reading a book at this very moment so I'm reading the Bible.
> Honestly.

Didn't you see the part that said "almost"?
Meaning, not at this precise moment in time, but are in the middle of a book.
And, the title was created in such a way as for effect to comparison towards the "If you're listening to music..." thread.
So nar.
Sat 26/04/03 at 23:24
"The Will of D."
The book was in front of me (I wasn't reading it at that same moment), so I copied the entire blurb which is what usually gets people into a book before they've even started it.
Sat 26/04/03 at 21:17
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
How the hell are you supposed to read a book while typing ?

Probably most of the people that have posted in the thread aren't really reading a book at this very moment so I'm reading the Bible. Honestly.
Sat 26/04/03 at 14:41
"The Will of D."
Now that I have the book i'm reading right in front of me I can tell you the author's name: Stel Pavlou, Decipher.

The blurb that's on it reads as follows:

Ten thousand years before Christ, there was a flood...
Now, twelve thousand years later, a confluence of events affecting both the Sun and the Earth point towards a repeat performance. A small group of scientists must decipher an unknown language discovered in Antartica to make sense of the sudden awakening of ancient sites if humanity - and it's home - is to survive the ultimate catastrophe.
They have one week left....

End Blurb.
Fri 25/04/03 at 22:47
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Now:

The Brothers Karamatov - Fyodor Doswecski (sp?)

My head hurts.
Fri 25/04/03 at 22:15
"period drama"
Nearly finished A Traitor To Memory by ...... somone George (a woman) ....... damn memory.

'Tis quite good as things go, a bit slow sometimes to get the point across, but a good read.
Fri 25/04/03 at 22:13
"The Will of D."
Raven-ous wrote:
> A true classic. Believe nothing that the government tells you. NOTHING!

I didn't need a book to tell me to not believe anything Tony Blair says. Also if I lived in America I'd be the first person to opt for assasinating President Bush (both of them if I don't get caught after the first one).
Fri 25/04/03 at 18:06
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
1984, By George Orwell.

Its that book where the original concept of Big Brother came into being.(no, not the gameshow).
Yes, that book.

A true classic. Believe nothing that the government tells you. NOTHING!
Fri 25/04/03 at 13:15
"The Will of D."
Decipher is really good, it's about an ancient civillization that was more advanced than us that predicted a flood that occurs every 12,000 years (basically the Noah's ark flood), and it's great for people who dislike Christianity because it says that Christians just stole all their ideas from other cultures, and also something about Atlantis but i'm not too clear on that at the moment.

I'm 180 pages in at the moment which is qiute good for me after starting it on Monday.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.