GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"General Chat and Welcome Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/11/00 at 11:47
Regular
This is the thread for general chat.

Tell us how your day was, say hello or just introduce yourself if you're new to the site.

Post edited by Hmmm... on 29/12/2018 at 18:19.
Page:
Tue 10/04/18 at 15:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Nice to see you back pb :¬) Hope you're feeling better soon.
Tue 10/04/18 at 11:01
"possibly impossible"
Hi all.

Come back and the colours have all changed. Either that or I'm still not feeling well and I'm seeing things...

I got an email about the DDOS attack, I guess because my domain and site are hosted here, but saw it on Twitter too. Really hate the idiots who do these sort of things, just children who think they're some sort of hackers.

Hope everyone is well. I didn't do too well over Easter, had some time off to recover from flu-type thing then ended up immobilised with my gout re-occurring. Bug still hasn't completely gone, either.
Thu 05/04/18 at 19:54
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

Hmmm... wrote:
Sorry to bore you DL.

As I said, it all worked fine for me!
Hmmm...

No probs at all Hmmm ... just read the final chapter on an email from Twitter ;¬) Just was interested in the ongoing problem and how it was progressing. Not that bothered really, but glad that the 'boys' have now solved the problem :¬)
Wed 04/04/18 at 22:47
"Are you sure?"
Sorry to bore you DL.

As I said, it all worked fine for me!
Hmmm...
Wed 04/04/18 at 22:10
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

Hmmm... wrote:
Hi DL,
For me the status page worked fine. The updates we duplicated on Twitter.
Did you click the 'view all updates' link to see the full story on the status page?

The only difference for me, was that on Twitter I could see other customers comments and problems while none used the Freeola forum.

Hmmm...

Yep, I did ... and that's why I posted! All I saw on 'view all updates' was the original post as I said and posted ... gets boring this! On Twitter, I eventually got the 'full Monty' ... over 3/4 days of developments ...
Wed 04/04/18 at 20:09
"Are you sure?"
Hi DL,
For me the status page worked fine. The updates we duplicated on Twitter.
Did you click the 'view all updates' link to see the full story on the status page?

The only difference for me, was that on Twitter I could see other customers comments and problems while none used the Freeola forum.

Hmmm...
Wed 04/04/18 at 19:49
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

Numnut wrote:
We've had a network status message up on the Freeola homepage while these issues have been going on - it's still there now just below the carousel - should be above the 'fold' for most people too. Did you miss it when checking the homepage or was it not obvious from the text inside it that it related to a service outage? It's a genuine question, if what we think is obvious, isn't actually obvious at all then we need to make a change!

The 'fancy carousel banner' did have a Network Status Page link, which went to the correct page which reported actions 'days old' My point exactly!!! I have read more about the problem on Twitter than I have on Freeola ... until this evening, when the entire 'diary of events' appears! Bit late ... after the event.
Wed 04/04/18 at 14:30
Staff
"Look! There's a..."

DL wrote:
Yep, do Twitter ... but only for that reason but then I get bombarded with 'other' stuff!
Yep ... create a bookmark for the Status Page ... but TBH it should be obvious on the Front Page, not scrolling down down down to the bottom of that page. Network status and information is pretty important, I'd guess, but perhaps if you don't subscribe to Freeola, it ain't that important!

We've had a network status message up on the Freeola homepage while these issues have been going on - it's still there now just below the carousel - should be above the 'fold' for most people too. Did you miss it when checking the homepage or was it not obvious from the text inside it that it related to a service outage? It's a genuine question, if what we think is obvious, isn't actually obvious at all then we need to make a change!
Wed 04/04/18 at 13:18
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
A status link normally appears at the top part of the Freeola.com home page when there are issues or alerts. This leads to our normal status pages. Not a lot of people look for us on social media because our type of services are boring and we don't do fake news (yet).
Tue 03/04/18 at 22:25
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

Hmmm... wrote:
Twitter is a good place to see updates DL.

It's worth creating a bookmark for the status page.
Then easy to find via PC, tablet or phone.

Hmmm...

Yep, do Twitter ... but only for that reason but then I get bombarded with 'other' stuff!
Yep ... create a bookmark for the Status Page ... but TBH it should be obvious on the Front Page, not scrolling down down down to the bottom of that page. Network status and information is pretty important, I'd guess, but perhaps if you don't subscribe to Freeola, it ain't that important!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.