GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"General Chat and Welcome Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/11/00 at 11:47
Regular
This is the thread for general chat.

Tell us how your day was, say hello or just introduce yourself if you're new to the site.

Post edited by Hmmm... on 29/12/2018 at 18:19.
Page:
Thu 21/06/18 at 19:44
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Disingenuous is still listed has having made the last post about 5 days ago ... that post never appeared!

Whoever 'cleared' it, can you not clear it from the Forum listings, as nobody actually read it!
Tue 05/06/18 at 22:36
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

dav2612 wrote:
Talking of age, I've gone from 2nd youngest in the office to being at least 3rd oldest. I'm old enough to be the dad of 2 of them.

Don't fret dav ... 3 of us in the Yard are referred to as Dad's Army and we're all old enough to be their grandparents! However, we always turn up for work ... think about it ;¬)
Mon 04/06/18 at 20:47
Regular
"And in last place.."

pb wrote:
Well done on taking that scary step and on getting a new job. Hope it works out well for you.

Gout gone again but now found out I have Colitus as well. This getting older lark isn't great, is it?

Certainly was scary - too long in the same job and had got too comfortable, regular uncertainty aside.

Did you trade in gout for colitus?

Talking of age, I've gone from 2nd youngest in the office to being at least 3rd oldest. I'm old enough to be the dad of 2 of them.
Mon 04/06/18 at 15:00
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

pb wrote:
Gout gone again but now found out I have Colitus as well. This getting older lark isn't great, is it?

Certainly isn't pb ... I tend to ignore it, but some days, it reminds you :¬D
Mon 04/06/18 at 08:04
"possibly impossible"

dav2612 wrote:
Hello pb, DL and anyone lurking,

It has been a while, as you may have noticed. Since we last spoke I survived a redundancy and then saved the person that was being made redundant by resigning from my position. What a hero I am. There was a lot of employment uncertainly hanging over me at the start of the year and I decided it was time to do something about that and try to secure a long term future - 21 years of programming in dead or irrelevant languages doesn't open many doors. But against the odds, I did manage to get myself a web developer role. It is a bit of a pay cut and a 60 mile round trip each day but finances aside, it makes so much sense in every other way.

Hope the gout has settled down pb and hope the knees are getting a break DL.

Well done on taking that scary step and on getting a new job. Hope it works out well for you.

Fri 01/06/18 at 14:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

dav2612 wrote:

Hi dav ... afraid that the knees are getting 'hammered'. The Yard has become mega busy and the demand for my assistance has grown accordingly. It all helps financially of course, but with a second granddaughter now, sometimes I do need a break. On another note, recently discovered that I will receive my first Winter Fuel Payment this November :¬)
Fri 01/06/18 at 11:23
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"

pb wrote:
Using the forum less and less, which saddens me.

Anyway, hi to anyone who happens to be reading this. Maybe Freeola should have a Facebook group...

Er, we don't really want to go too far with Facebook. It seems at illogical but there are tons more visitors here than we are likely to achieve on Facebook. Though of course we accept that this format is way out of date.
Thu 31/05/18 at 20:06
Regular
"And in last place.."

It has been a while, as you may have noticed. Since we last spoke I survived a redundancy and then saved the person that was being made redundant by resigning from my position. What a hero I am. There was a lot of employment uncertainly hanging over me at the start of the year and I decided it was time to do something about that and try to secure a long term future - 21 years of programming in dead or irrelevant languages doesn't open many doors. But against the odds, I did manage to get myself a web developer role. It is a bit of a pay cut and a 60 mile round trip each day but finances aside, it makes so much sense in every other way.

Thu 31/05/18 at 15:05
"possibly impossible"
Using the forum less and less, which saddens me.

Anyway, hi to anyone who happens to be reading this. Maybe Freeola should have a Facebook group...
Tue 22/05/18 at 22:21
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

pb wrote:
Belated hi! from me as I almost gave up checking for updates on this place!

Busy week last week here, too. Kids did their Confirmation, parents came down for the Bank Holiday and my gout came back in my other foot, though I still managed to get out to Bicton, albeit borrowing a wheelchair once there. Foot's healing now that I'm back to work today after taking an extra 2 days off. Typical!

Dear me pb, do hope that your gout gets sorted soon :¬) Congratulations to your children on their Confirmation, I remember mine ;¬)

Still very busy here in the Yard, not a moment free and no rain for the last week!!! This must change soon ... my knee bones are telling me this!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.