GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"General Chat and Welcome Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/11/00 at 11:47
Regular
This is the thread for general chat.

Tell us how your day was, say hello or just introduce yourself if you're new to the site.

Post edited by Hmmm... on 29/12/2018 at 18:19.
Page:
Tue 03/04/18 at 21:25
"Are you sure?"
Twitter is a good place to see updates DL.

It's worth creating a bookmark for the status page.
Then easy to find via PC, tablet or phone.

Hmmm...
Tue 03/04/18 at 19:42
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

DL wrote:
Thanks for the response ... not :¬( Just found this ...

15:01 03/04/2018
As a temporary measure one of our IPs for vip9.freeola.net has been blocked. All other services should be back up and working. We will update on measures to resolve issues for customers on vip9 later.

13:44 03/04/2018
Traffic is flowing normally again. We're still investigating and services may still be affected throughout the afternoon. We'll continue to post updates as we get more information. Apologies to all customers for the problems these issues will be causing.

12:49 03/04/2018
Unfortunately the earlier issue returned. We believe the target of the attack has been identified and we should be able to take steps to prevent this happening again. Nature of a DDoS attack makes confirming these things quite difficult. Apologies once more.

12:17 03/04/2018
Things look to be getting back to normal now. Customers whose sites are hosted on vip9.freeola.net will still be seeing issues. Please accept our apologies for the obvious inconvenience these issues cause to everyone.

11:09 03/04/2018
Investigations are still on-going. Please accept our apologies for the continued inconvenience.

10:09 03/04/2018
The network looks to be suffering a DDos attack once more. We'll try and get things up and running as quickly as possible. We are investigating. Please accept our apologies.

Took me a while to find a link to the Network Status Page ... no wonder, it's right at the bottom of a rather long Front Page :¬(

I'm not surprised that other Freeola Forum Regulars have become quiet ... they weren't Freeola Service Users in the first place;¬)

Post edited by DL on 03/04/2018 at 19:47.

Post edited by DL on 03/04/2018 at 19:48.
Tue 03/04/18 at 19:38
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

DL wrote:
'Our upstream provider is also investigating this to look into mitigation...'

Any update on this situation? I know it's Easter, but that statement appeared on the 29th March ;¬)

Thanks for the response ... not :¬( Just found this ...

13:44 03/04/2018
Traffic is flowing normally again. We're still investigating and services may still be affected throughout the afternoon. We'll continue to post updates as we get more information. Apologies to all customers for the problems these issues will be causing.

12:49 03/04/2018
Unfortunately the earlier issue returned. We believe the target of the attack has been identified and we should be able to take steps to prevent this happening again. Nature of a DDoS attack makes confirming these things quite difficult. Apologies once more.

12:17 03/04/2018
Things look to be getting back to normal now. Customers whose sites are hosted on vip9.freeola.net will still be seeing issues. Please accept our apologies for the obvious inconvenience these issues cause to everyone.

11:09 03/04/2018
Investigations are still on-going. Please accept our apologies for the continued inconvenience.

10:09 03/04/2018
The network looks to be suffering a DDos attack once more. We'll try and get things up and running as quickly as possible. We are investigating. Please accept our apologies.

Took me a while to find the Status Page :¬(
Sun 01/04/18 at 22:24
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

Hmmm... wrote:
I'm trying to work out if the header image is the CERN particle accelerator, an aerospace wotsit, a brewery or an old bus clutch! It's used in lots of places.

Hmmm...

Or ... a motorbike engine...
Sun 01/04/18 at 19:09
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
'Our upstream provider is also investigating this to look into mitigation...'

Any update on this situation? I know it's Easter, but that statement appeared on the 29th March ;¬)
Fri 30/03/18 at 09:56
"Are you sure?"
I'm trying to work out if the header image is the CERN particle accelerator, an aerospace wotsit, a brewery or an old bus clutch! It's used in lots of places.

Hmmm...
Thu 29/03/18 at 19:41
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

Hmmm... wrote:
Looks like 1995 to me! :¬(

Hmmm...

But not as 'dark' :¬D

TBH the most recent layout was a 'bit' bright
Thu 29/03/18 at 17:34
"Are you sure?"
Looks like 1995 to me! :¬(

Hmmm...
Thu 29/03/18 at 16:10
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Stunning new forum pages.Love the colours and layout. Nice one Freeola :¬)
Tue 27/03/18 at 14:54
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

Eccles wrote:
No further issues flagged on our monitoring so perhaps it was something more local to you.

Thanks Eccles. Just got in from work and all seems to be running smoothly now :¬)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.