GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Statue Falls"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/04/03 at 16:02
Regular
Anyone else been watching?

The Americans just pulled down the statue of Saddam in Baghdad with the blessing of the Iraqi people.

Quite extraordinary. The Iraqis started it, hitting it with sledgehammers, then the Americans came and pulled it down with an armoured veichle. and hung the old Iraqi flag on it.

When it was down the Iraqis lobbed rocks and boxes and things at it and were chanting "death to Saddam".

Interesting events...
Thu 10/04/03 at 18:35
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Blank wrote:
> And you think these are the only people?
>
> Oh yes, these are the only two people in Iraq who don't want the
> coalition there!
>
> Of course I don't think they're the only people. What is obvious,
> though, is that - outside of the loyal Iraqi military and the
> mercenaries from other Arab nations - they are in a very significant
> minority.

I'm not so sure all the military are as loyal as you say - do you think all our soldiers are 100% behind the war? Some are bound to believe different. And a lot of Iraqi soldiers have just surrendered without a fight.

And by "Significant minority", do you mean the minority is large enough to be significant or is significantly marginalised?
Thu 10/04/03 at 16:20
"High polygon count"
Blank wrote:
> And you think these are the only people?

Oh yes, these are the only two people in Iraq who don't want the coalition there!

Of course I don't think they're the only people. What is obvious, though, is that - outside of the loyal Iraqi military and the mercenaries from other Arab nations - they are in a very significant minority.
Thu 10/04/03 at 15:11
"I hate that!!!"
At first I wasn't too sure about this war but now that I see what is happening I am certain that War was the only way to rid the people of Iraq of their evil ruler who terrorised them for centuries, Saddam your Days are numbered if you are not already dead.
Thu 10/04/03 at 11:55
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Blank wrote:
> There were also a few people holding a banner that read "Go
> home
> US W*nkers".
>
> There's two sides to every story.
>
>
> Yes, a whole TWO people, who soon disappeared - probably lynched by
> the rest of the crowd!

And you think these are the only people?
Thu 10/04/03 at 11:25
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Azul wrote:
> Azul wrote:
> "we have never been ruled by a tyrannous regime for over 24
> years."
>
> *Waits for some smart-ass comment about Labour*

Was thinking more along the lines of Thatcher ;)
Wed 09/04/03 at 22:32
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Azul wrote:
"we have never been ruled by a tyrannous regime for over 24 years."

*Waits for some smart-ass comment about Labour*
Wed 09/04/03 at 22:31
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
It's all about freedom.

The Iraqi people are free.
It's hard for us to understand what this really means to them, as we have never been ruled by a tyrannous regime for over 24 years.
Wed 09/04/03 at 22:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
DeltaJava wrote:

> A hundred years on, they'll proabably say that the Iraqis loved the
> sight of the flag on the statue. They like to manipulate stories, you
> see.

Well they cheered when the US flag was draped over the statue and they cheered when the Iraqi flag was draped over the statue so i think it's safe to say they were pretty happy.

Today's pictures have justified the war in my humble opinion. Watching those Iraqi civilians stamp on the fallen statue and disrespect it speaks far louder to me than any anti-war march. They are finally able to express themselves without fear of retaliation from Saddam and seemed glad to see the US troops as they cheered them and wanted to shake hands with them. I just hope we actually see this through now and help the Iraqi people rebuild Iraq and give them back their country.
Wed 09/04/03 at 20:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If you think about it shoes are what you walk with.

= Hit something, you are walking over it. Sort of.

You are above it.

Now Mr. Presidento et co, don't mess this up. By ruling Iraq yourselves.
Wed 09/04/03 at 20:35
"period drama"
Odin wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Anyone see the Iraqis pelt the aid-truck which some selfish gits had
> stolen with stones until they ran away? Thought it was quite ....
> godd, I suppose.
> Although this was right before they went a looting.
>

> didnt quite understand this paragraph.

What happened was that our forces were trying to give out food and water to everyone, but some Iraqis stole the truck with all the stuff on for themselves. Then the >other< Iraqis pelted the truck with stones until the people who stole it ran away.
So then all the stuff could be given out properly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.