GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"there is no god"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/04/03 at 02:06
Regular
opinions please
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:26
"period drama"
God, you can't just put people's opinions and beliefs aside as simple as that.
I don't believe in god, no, but have you not thought that the 'god' in peoples' lives is just a way to understand and express themselves better?
For example, when they are praying to God, they are actually praying to themselves - to something deep inside themselves. Which conmes down to having faith in yourself.

Maybe praying to God that you'll recover from some illness is the same as believing in yourself that you will recover.
Maybe it's all the same, but we just don't realise.

I've been meaning to write down my own views for you, and will probably get around to it eventually. Just you wait....
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:25
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Not a lot matters to me if I am honest. I dont care about religion, politics, famine, societys slow break down. I care about people and issues that concern me. Selfish perhaps, but I am alive.
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:22
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Nihilism is the belief that nothing really matters, there is no God, there are no moral laws beyond ones that people create and they're mostly pointless. It's a general lack of belief in purpose in life.

Think stereotypical Goth attitude you see on TV, only without the Satan worship.
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:21
Regular
"^_^"
Kyz22 wrote:
> What is 'nihilism' - I may be able to understand your reply then.

nihilism n 1: a revolutionary doctrine that advocates destruction of the social system for its own sake 2: the delusion that things (or everything, including the self) do not exist; a sense that everything is unreal [syn: {nihilistic delusion}] 3: complete denial of all established authority and institutions

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7

(Thank you dictionary)
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:18
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
BEARDS. wrote:
> Kyz22 wrote:
> There is no soul. Just elecrtical impulses in our nervous system
> that
> hint that there must be something more. There isnt.
>
> Christ, it's like you're all approaching nihilism without any actual
> idea of why.

What is 'nihilism' - I may be able to understand your reply then.
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:17
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Ant wrote:
> Kyz22 wrote:
> I agree, there is no God, simple as that.
>
> ...No, actually. It's not 'simple as that.'

The earth was created by the 'big bang', not be God - Fact

How come NONE of the Gods of all the religions have appeared in thousands of years? - Because they are as real as Santa or the Easter Bunny, perhaps?

The Bible is laden with contradictions

If God does exist, he is really p!$$ed off about something.

Simple as that.
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:17
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Kyz22 wrote:
> There is no soul. Just elecrtical impulses in our nervous system that
> hint that there must be something more. There isnt.

Christ, it's like you're all approaching nihilism without any actual idea of why.
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:16
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
<- Lazarou -> wrote:
> gravity can be proved to exist through scientific methods, the same is
> not true of a so called supreme being

600 years ago it was scientific "proof" that the Earth was flat and the sun orbited round it. I'm quite astounded if you even consider it possible to believe we know almost anything about the true nature of the universe.
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:15
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
There is no soul. Just elecrtical impulses in our nervous system that hint that there must be something more. There isnt.
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:15
Regular
"I like cheese"
Kyz22 wrote:
> I agree, there is no God, simple as that.

...No, actually. It's not 'simple as that.'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.