GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"there is no god"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/04/03 at 02:06
Regular
opinions please
Tue 08/04/03 at 19:08
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
BEARDS. wrote:
> I must admit to finding organised religion irritating. Especially
> Catholicism, which goes on about how "it is harder for a rich man
> to enter the kingdom of heaven than a camel to pass through the eye of
> a needle" (or something similar, I forget) and then has its
> leader live in a huge palace type structure.

The whole Christian faith is full of contradictions. The pope lives in a lush house and yet so many around him are starving. Love thy neighbour, unless you are rich, it seems.
Tue 08/04/03 at 19:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The most idiotic concept ever is a religious war. Of course it has to involve two religions that promote peace, but most do anyway.
Tue 08/04/03 at 19:05
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I must admit to finding organised religion irritating. Especially Catholicism, which goes on about how "it is harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven than a camel to pass through the eye of a needle" (or something similar, I forget) and then has its leader live in a huge palace type structure.
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:57
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
I find it Bloody undescribably infuriating for some sodding preist to go around, pointing the finger of sin at people, for such mournful things as having a baby, and still acknoweledge things such as car crashes and terrorist bombings and poverty and war. What makes them so special as they can go around deciding who's right or wrong?
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:53
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I know what you mean about being able to relate to something at one moment but not the next, it is an unbuilt fault in the human mind.
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:49
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Things that make sense, can not make sense 20 minutes later. I have what would generally be called an unstable mind.

Doesn't bother me though, I find it best to believe in nothing being true and nothing being false. You can believe whatever you like as long as you don't try and force it down my throat, I'm happy just living at the minute. Most of the time.
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:45
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
BEARDS. wrote:

> It's been known to change in the space of 5 minutes anyway, so there's
> little point in my focusing on it unless I have some serious time to
> waste.

Firstly it isnt a waste to find something that makes sense to you and to stick by it, however it does take a lot of time.

Beleifs change for a lot of us a lot of the time. I used to be religious at a young age, perhaps because of my upbringing or perhaps because life hadnt taken as much away from me at that point.

In the words of Limp Bizkit - "Life is a lesson, you learn it when you're through."
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:40
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Point being I don't have several hours to write things down.

Alternatively, if you were saying that the fact I don't know what I believe isn't important to me, then you'd probably be right. Came within about 3 feet of a nervous breakdown at the age of 15 because of various things that infringed upon that area, learnt to ignore it. It's been known to change in the space of 5 minutes anyway, so there's little point in my focusing on it unless I have some serious time to waste.
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:36
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
BEARDS. wrote:
> Kyz22 wrote:
> BEARDS. wrote:
> I'd do a full post about my opinions on the nature of God, the
> universe and the nature of reality, but I'm not entirely sure what
> they are. Besides which, it would probably take several hours to get
> down in text.
>
> And that isnt important to you?
>
> I'm in work.

Your point being...
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:35
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Ant, you said it didnt deserve a respone yet you gave it 3....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.