GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guitars :: Guide to buying..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/04/03 at 19:56
Regular
Hey dudes.

I'm interested in getting a guitar, wanna learn to play it. Was wondering if you guys could help me. I'll tell you a package of guitars, and then ask you to decide which one I should go for. Bare in mind that I am a beginner, so I want any guitar. I would prefer getting a Fender one, and would prefer it if I could avoid the Yamaha's. Here's the packages...

PACKAGE ONE :: £139

Squier Affinity series Strat

No amp included in this package, basic, no deals with it. Basically, you pay for the guitar.

PACKAGE TWO :: £139

Fender Squier Guitars

Again, no amp, but a nice guitar. Great colour too...

PACKAGE THREE :: £139

Yamaha Pacifica 012

Third package also has no amp. Don't really like this one...

PACKAGE FOUR :: £210

Fender Frontman Stratpack

The Fender Frontman Stratpack features a Squier Affinity series Guitar, a superb sounding Fender Frontman 15 watt amplifier, Strap, lead, pick, Tuition Video, Instruction book with CD, all in a colouful presentation box. Everything you need to get started. Strat available in Black, White, Torino Red, or Baltic Blue.

PACKAGE FIVE :: £210

The Marshall Rock Kit :: Rocket Special

As well as the guitar you also get:
Marshall MG15RCD - probably the best 15 watt amp on the market
Marshall Roadworthy gig bag
Korg Tuner
15ft Guitar lead
Strap with handy built in pick holder
Spare set of strings and 2 Marshall picks
Online guitar lessons
All in a presentation box.

PACKAGE SIX :: £99.95

Westfield Strat Style

No amp, just basic guitar. £99 though, as a beginner, is pretty damn good.

DECISION

Okay, so which one is the best option? Also, for the guitars without an amp, where can I get a mega cheap amp from? Any online links welcome.

Thanks,
DW
Tue 08/04/03 at 16:09
Regular
Slaveunit wrote:
> just my 2p's worth.

Very helpful too, so thanks.

Thanks to EVERYONE who has helped me out, and thanks to Parr for failing to make me jealous. ;c)
Tue 08/04/03 at 19:25
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I got a Squier Affinity Series Strat with 10W amp for £170 (I think - it was definitely not much more than that if I'm wrong).

It was my first guitar and it's really nice and easy to play. Seems to work well whatever strings I put on it.
Tue 08/04/03 at 20:37
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
I started off on a Squier Strat. They're good guitars for beginners. I never had any problems with it. Out of the guitar deals you have listed, the Marshal Rocket kit is probably the best value for your money but choosing a guitar isn't always about going for the one thats the best value for money... Go for whichever one you think is best using the advice people have given you in this topic.

:)
Tue 08/04/03 at 20:48
Regular
Okay...

It's either gunna be the Marshall Rocket Pack or one from an independant shop.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.