GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"6 weeks until the greatest film of all time is released"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/04/03 at 18:07
Regular
Say, you don't think I'm getting my hopes too high for The Matrix: Reloaded, do you? All I'm saying is that if it isn't the best film I've ever seen, I'm going into hibernation (until Matrix Revolutions is released). Only 6 weeks left, I can't fricking wait any longer!

There's also the fun game of avoiding all the spoilers that magazines and websites like to drop on you without warning - damn you all, I already know too much!

If it isn't most triumphant, I'll be feeling heinous for months! (hur hur, feeling 'heinous')
Thu 03/04/03 at 11:56
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Matrix 2 and 3 will complete the best trilogy ever.

Better than star wars imo, but then so is LOTR so far.
Thu 03/04/03 at 11:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
how many
> films can manage to have Salami Kayack in a lesbo kiss scene
---

Best film ever, right there.
Thu 03/04/03 at 11:10
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Mr. Happy wrote:
> But if you want to see a truly impressive feat check out "The
> Russian Ark", a film shot entirely in one ninety minute take,
> with no cuts

Hmmmmmmm... would be interested if Time Code hadn't destroyed all interest I may ever have in such gimicy films. Come on, how many films can manage to have Salami Kayack in a lesbo kiss scene and still be so boring you begin to wonder exactly how many hairs there are on your arm (3,595 if you're wondering, right)
Thu 03/04/03 at 01:50
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
er-no wrote:
> The more I think about it the more the first Matrix was a bad film.
> Yeah whoo hoo it had special effects and fun bullet timing, but at the
> end of the day the rest of the film wasn't really anything. It was a
> visual sellout.
>
> I am looking forward to it but not as much as terminator 3 :)

Nah.. The matrix holds together a lot better than your average run-of-the-mill sci-fi film. At least it asks some questions. And it's not just the bullet time that's clever. Look at the way all of the shots in the matrix/real world are tinted green, ever so slightly, hinting at their computer generated nature.

Apparently the next two films are doing away with the time-slicing and they've invented what they call a "virtual cameraman"... Which could be interesting.

But if you want to see a truly impressive feat check out "The Russian Ark", a film shot entirely in one ninety minute take, with no cuts, that condenses the whole history of Russia into that space. Sounds bizarre but fun.
Wed 02/04/03 at 21:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I suppose it would be gloating to say that a mate in Australia has blagged me a pair of the sunnies Neo wears in Revolutions?
*pats desk next to him*
God bless light-fingered mates in prop-departments.

He also sent me a copy of the "scriptment" for it, but I've only read the 1st 20 pages.
Wanna know how it starts? Eh?
Trinity. Think the 1st film x 10. That's all I'm gonna say

And here's something that will mean nothing until May 17th but will show I know what I'm talking about

The Key
Wed 02/04/03 at 21:02
Regular
"everyone says it"
The more I think about it the more the first Matrix was a bad film. Yeah whoo hoo it had special effects and fun bullet timing, but at the end of the day the rest of the film wasn't really anything. It was a visual sellout.

I am looking forward to it but not as much as terminator 3 :)
Wed 02/04/03 at 20:57
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
The first was great the first time you saw it, while you were watching it, but looking back on it, it really isn't that good at all. When you see it all again it is plain boring.
Wed 02/04/03 at 20:12
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> If it isn't most triumphant, I'll be feeling heinous for months! (hur
> hur, feeling 'heinous')

I'm sure Bill and Neo's Excellent Adventure 2 wil indeed be most triumphant. The trailers alone (especially the Superbowl one) are better than many films I've seen recently.
Wed 02/04/03 at 20:05
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
How do you know it's the best film ever? You haven't even seen it yet!

Plus if it IS the best film ever, Revolutions can only be a disappointment.

I'm not really that bothered - I'll watch it at the cinema, but I didn't think the first was as good as many people made out. The fight scenes were way too slow.
Wed 02/04/03 at 19:31
Regular
"Selected"
I want to see guns in this film.

I'm not talking '9 millies' (expect for the cool corridor gun fights) I'm talking the gun Neo has in the helicopter in the first Matrix except in this one he runs around with it.

I want to see explosions that make me SICK.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.