GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rollercoaster Tycoon & Operation Genesis"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/03/03 at 10:36
Regular
Has anyone played Rollercoaster tycoon or Operation Genesis, any opinions?
Sun 06/04/03 at 07:47
Regular
"BOSE"
JP: Operation Genesis rules. i think everyone who likes/loves JP and/or dinosours should get it :-)
Tue 08/04/03 at 12:44
Regular
"BOSE"
on the subject of strategy games...

how do you complete The Sims? and how come it's not Xbox Live?
Tue 08/04/03 at 19:32
Regular
"Unretired"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Trust ME! Strategy games will suck on on a console! Get them on PC,
> get a better experience and save yourself some money! Stop being an
> idiot Daveus, it's the truth

Mav, although I would like to respect your opinion, its quite hard as its just a simple assumption as you have not tried any strategy games on a console. Its quite uncalled for to call Daveus an idiot, in fact your the idiot, Daveus owns strategies games for his console and in his opinion the controls and gameplay are fine.
So dont go insulting others opinions when yours are hardly justified.
Tue 08/04/03 at 20:42
Regular
ËÏi†è ¢h@ø$ wrote:
> Mav, although I would like to respect your opinion, its quite hard as
> its just a simple assumption as you have not tried any strategy games
> on a console.

How on earth would you know that? In fact, I have, and it strengthens my conclusion that RTSs and PCs are made to go hand in hand.

> Its quite uncalled for to call Daveus an idiot, in fact your the idiot.

I was calling him an idiot because he was going on about the game running perfectly on the Xbox. Of course it bloody will, that's what it's formatted for. He knew what I meant and was evidently 'playing dumb'.

> Daveus owns strategies games for his console and in his opinion the
> controls and gameplay are fine.

Perhaps they are 'fine', but I was saying that they were worse than PC. That's all. There's no doubting that PC RTSs are always better.

> So dont go insulting others opinions when yours are hardly justified.

That's rather hypocritical.
Tue 08/04/03 at 21:41
Regular
"BOSE"
thanks, Chaos :-)

Maverick have you played a strategy game on a console?
i played the PC demo of JP: Operation Genesis and i've got it on Xbox. the Xbox version's much better
Sat 12/04/03 at 00:00
Regular
Yes. I've 'attempted' to play Theme Park World and Age Of Empires II on the PS2. Naturally, their PC counterparts were much more playable and cheaper, too. I've heard the same about Jurassic Park and I KNOW the same about Roller Coaster Tycoon.

But at the end of the day, who gives a damn?
Sat 12/04/03 at 14:43
Regular
"BOSE"
as i said before, i have Operation Genesis and it plays brilliantly on the Xbox. if i wasn't satasfied with the controls or anything i would of taken it back. i believe that all other strategy games'll play the same. period.
Sat 12/04/03 at 22:33
Regular
Ah well. Different strokes for different folks, I guess (Aww.. we don't wanna know..)
Sun 13/04/03 at 16:26
Regular
"BOSE"
different strokes for different folkes? no. you're the only person here who thinks strategy games are better on PC.
Sun 13/04/03 at 16:38
Regular
How I'd love to do a poll on that..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.