GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Marriage & babies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/10/06 at 06:17
Regular
Just wondering of the general consensus on this topic. This is in no way meant to identify or indignify anyone's individual choices, only to discuss reasonings.

1) If a couple wanted a baby, how long should they wait, after first meeting eachother, before having a baby? Is there a standard, socially acceptable time frame??

2) Do you believe said couple should marry first, before a baby?

3) But, what if it was an unplanned pregnancy? Should they get married for the sake of the baby and somehow try to make it work? (Excluding dysfunctional relationships - ie, domestic violence, abuse, etc..)

4) Do you believe that people should get married because they want or they're expecting a baby?

5) Or, do you believe women wanting children are better off getting artificially insemenated, because the mass of single mothers is increasing anyways? Why hassle with the man factor??

6) Why do you believe it's more socially accepted these days to have babies without being married, whereas generations ago it wasn't?

Thank you, you're comments would be greatly appreciated. :)
Mon 09/10/06 at 08:34
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
We dont talk about this stuff in private though :S There different issues...

That i dont want to go in to here....
Mon 09/10/06 at 08:32
Regular
Neither am I, just pointing out that what you say here differs greatly from the things you tell me in private. I begin to wonder which version is the truthful one.
Mon 09/10/06 at 08:30
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Seraphim wrote:
> Voltaire wrote:
> Ah but thats to do with your ex, not all guys are like that.
> Some are actually good dads, believe it or not :D
>
> Not all guys i know!

Thats all i'm saying. Ideally you'd have 2 good parents to raise a child but life isn't ideal and you do the best you can.
Mon 09/10/06 at 08:29
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Is not silly, what im telling you in private are different issues and has nothing to do with you and the willingness to take on my boys. I know you would do that. Ill always have different issues with you, but that doesnt mean i wouldnt have been prepared to work things out with you given the chance. We had issues we probably could have worked through and i had issues from my past i couldnt shake off.

pffft im not bringing all the detils here!
Mon 09/10/06 at 08:26
Regular
It's funny, considering what you're telling me in private.

Meh.
Mon 09/10/06 at 08:26
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Voltaire wrote:
> Ah but thats to do with your ex, not all guys are like that.
> Some are actually good dads, believe it or not :D

Not all guys i know!

> Almost sounds like you think that would be the case with every
> single guy on the planet. Had you had a decent guy who was
> around and helpful you would have seen what i mean. As it is,
> you're probably right on this ocassion and you were better off
> without him.

Yeah i was better off in this occasion. Ill have different views obviously if i met Mr Right though right ?
Mon 09/10/06 at 08:24
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Bullett wrote:
> Perhaps not, but you made your post giving the impression that
> you've yet to meet someone willing to take on your Kids.

I am yet to meet someone yes, but not willing to take on my kids. You were prepared to do that, or so you say but it was the rest that bothered me.

> I was there and that still wasn't good enough. Oh well.

Like i said there was more to things with us then just you willing to take on my kids.
Mon 09/10/06 at 08:22
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Seraphim wrote:
> Maybe but to be honest looking back now i have done a batter job
> in bringing them up on my own then i ever did when i was with my
> ex.

Ah but thats to do with your ex, not all guys are like that. Some are actually good dads, believe it or not :D

> However i havent got the extra help, to be honest even if i was
> in a relationship i dont think things would be any different.
> What would i get from someone now been in a relationship.
> "Oh there not my kids you deal with them".
> Unless i was to come across a half decent guy who would accept
> my kids.

Almost sounds like you think that would be the case with every single guy on the planet. Had you had a decent guy who was around and helpful you would have seen what i mean. As it is, you're probably right on this ocassion and you were better off without him.
Mon 09/10/06 at 08:22
Regular
Perhaps not, but you made your post giving the impression that you've yet to meet someone willing to take on your Kids.

I was there and that still wasn't good enough. Oh well.
Mon 09/10/06 at 08:20
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Bullett wrote:

> Hehe, I guess you completely ignored my willingness then :/

It wasnt your willingness that was an issue though hun!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.