GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Life forum regulars - opinion please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/03/03 at 22:07
Regular
Hi people, I've been thinking of restricting certain users from entering the Life... forum, much like we do with the Future of Gaming (Prime) forum. So, say from tomorrow onwards, you'll only be able to post in the Life forum if you're a Regular. Whaddya say?

In a way, this is disappointing, because intelligent people can't just come straight in and start chatting about 'clever' stuff (like monkey_man's daily food intake) - people like Light have become integral parts of this forum's success, and he was at it form the word go - but I feel like I've been forced to this position.

Opinions?
Fri 14/03/03 at 14:57
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
*slaps Flanders*

It is a great word, though. Rolls off the tongue beautifully. Try and say it after a few jars.

:D
Fri 14/03/03 at 14:53
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
And a great word it is too !
Fri 14/03/03 at 14:50
"Darkness, always"
he stole our word, UB.
Fri 14/03/03 at 14:49
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Grrrr - I changed it i tell ya !!
Fri 14/03/03 at 14:48
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Ooopps !!
Fri 14/03/03 at 14:45
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Rosalind wrote:
> Flanders (Or whatever he is calling himself these days) has managed to
> say what I was trying to say.

Booboisie is Flanders?
Fri 14/03/03 at 14:44
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Back to the point though, I'm not too fussed either way. Any newbies who come here and start shooting their mouth off about ludicrous subjects usually get the kicking they so richly deserve, anyway.
Fri 14/03/03 at 14:43
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Flanders (Or whatever he is calling himself these days) has managed to say what I was trying to say.
Fri 14/03/03 at 14:41
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
It's a beautiful day outside - go and have a few beers.

Or alternatively, succumb to the rigours of the auditors - which is what I've been doing all morning. Christ! It was like a spanish inquisition (not literally - that would be hideous); three of them sat across from me and fired quick questions at me whilst smiultaneously raising their eyebrows an inch when I failed to respond in their allocated one hundredth of a second time limit. I'm scared and feeling rebellious now that the "jury" has adjourned for lunch. I feel like having a few pints and coming back tipsy, laughing in their bemused, smirking faces and at their irrelevant questions and then shouting at them, "Get a life, you bunch of nitpicking, pedantic scumbags!"

But I won't.
Fri 14/03/03 at 14:41
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Pheww. Just tried reading all the replies and making some sense of it...

The trouble with trying to regulate a forum such as this is that quite alot of the junk posts that appear in here are posted by regulars anyway, the only way to stop that happening is to either remove them straight away or come up with some sort of elitist group.

To restrict the forum to regulars and notables only would stop newbies coming in and posting but as has been said - it would also put off some people who are looking at these boards to see what's what.

If you make this forum like Prime then I don't really see much problem - people like Light who come in would post replies to topics but not be able to start topics initially, it is soon very obvious which newbies are complete jerks and which ones have more than half a dozen brain cells and Snuggly could quite easily allow people to start posting topics if he wants. He could even introduce something like a half way position between newbie and regular that only staff could initiate - something like a probationer type thing.

Maybe a new rule could be introduced - post spam or crap in Life and you get banned either permanantly or for a period of time - that would stop the regulars who come in here to post the odd junk topic from doing so as they want to carry on posting elsewhere.

I'm with you Snuggly - you just need to sort out the mechanics.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.