GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Life forum regulars - opinion please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/03/03 at 22:07
Regular
Hi people, I've been thinking of restricting certain users from entering the Life... forum, much like we do with the Future of Gaming (Prime) forum. So, say from tomorrow onwards, you'll only be able to post in the Life forum if you're a Regular. Whaddya say?

In a way, this is disappointing, because intelligent people can't just come straight in and start chatting about 'clever' stuff (like monkey_man's daily food intake) - people like Light have become integral parts of this forum's success, and he was at it form the word go - but I feel like I've been forced to this position.

Opinions?
Fri 14/03/03 at 18:28
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I agree with what's already been suggested a few times - everyone be allowed to post in the life forum, but those who post rubbish be barred (at least temporarily). I also think it would be a fair idea to give notables the power to do this barring/unbarring. They're responsible enough, surely?

Trying to relate post quality in any way to regular/newbie status simply isn't going to work. You only have to take a look at the chat regulars to see why.
Fri 14/03/03 at 17:34
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I agree with this idea, though I'd personally be hindered for a short while. But having said that, just because someone's a Regular doesn't mean they don't post rubbish.
Fri 14/03/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Even if
> he does love himself.

Aw, you say that like its a bad thing...
Fri 14/03/03 at 16:45
Regular
"¬_¬"
It would only encourage them to spam elsewhere to get their count up, so they can come in here.

Good plan though, actually.
Fri 14/03/03 at 16:06
Regular
"Hallelujah"
i see so i need to be a regular to post in the life forum now? well i cant say that sounds fair, but i'll be a regular soon so i dont care!
Fri 14/03/03 at 15:55
Regular
"everyone says it"
SHEEPY wrote:
> i fink we shud all go dance in da field of gold

I think you are too happy for your own good.

Stop it.
Fri 14/03/03 at 15:45
Regular
"Excommunicated"
i fink we shud all go dance in da field of gold
Fri 14/03/03 at 15:11
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Goatboy wrote:
>
> Post what you like where you like.

With that attitude is it any wonder Consignia gave you the boot?
Fri 14/03/03 at 15:09
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:
> The sagacious one wrote:
> delight the masses.
>
> You spelt 'bore us stupid' wrong.

Sorry, I'll spell it out again: G A N G S T A H A M S T A
Fri 14/03/03 at 15:07
"possibly impossible"
As I was trying to say (and being sarcastic about Notable status at the same time) the idea of letting everyone in from regular onwards would be a good idea if you could filter out anyone else afterwards who doesn't want to post anything of merit (i.e. more than 5 word topics involving text message speak).

Obviously, I didn't take Light into account, who I never realised was still a newbie (and should have regular status straight away as far as I'm concerned). Damn, this gets complicated.

Ok, let everyone in and then get rid of anyone who makes crap posts (including their crappy posts). Sorted.

And get better soon Ros.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.