GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Import PSP..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/08/05 at 19:38
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Im thinking of importing a PSP from the usa, has anyone that imported had any problems with dead pixels? I was reading on some usa sites and most of the people on there had dead pixels.
Mon 08/08/05 at 14:05
"High polygon count"
Mozzy wrote:
> But I do, because right now you can get a Japanese PSP for about
> £150 with a game and extras. Thats £30 cheaper than the
> UK one and you're getting a game.

The thing with importing is that, if your package gets intercepted by Customs (and an increasing number do), then you have to pay VAT and Import Duty.

Based on your figures of £150 for the machine and £15 for postage, importing could cost you £200.65.

If you want to see how it's worked out... [URL]http://www.dhl.co.uk/info/duty.html#duty[/URL]
Mon 08/08/05 at 13:44
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Best be quick if you're importing ladies n gents

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/2207229.stm[/URL]
Mon 08/08/05 at 10:28
Regular
Mozzy wrote:

> Just tried it and I can only see the dead pixels on the black
> screens, but im still not sure if they are dead or not cause they are
> absolutely tiny. I cant beleive people take their psp's back because
> of dead pixels. I guess it depends how many you have but mine are
> very small and there are only 2 or 3.

Yup, theyre dead and theyre 'very tiny' because... well thats just how big pixels are. Just think, youve got millions of pixels on your screen and a few are dead so they will just look like little specs of dust. Simple as that.
Mon 08/08/05 at 10:26
Regular
Mozzy wrote:
> kugkv wrote:
> Oh and as for importing, I dont see the point
>
> But I do, because right now you can get a Japanese PSP for about
> £150 with a game and extras. Thats £30 cheaper than the
> UK one and you're getting a game.
>
> But then theres the postage which isn't that much actually, about
> £15, but you're still saving alot of money and Jap PSPs can
> play UK games AND movies.

Yeah... I said that.

Something like "I dont see the point, apart from getting it a bit cheaper"

Read it all.
Mon 08/08/05 at 10:11
Regular
"Mozzy"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Try this... dead pixel checker:
> [URL]http://psp.ign.com/articles/599/599236p1.html[/URL]

Just tried it and I can only see the dead pixels on the black screens, but im still not sure if they are dead or not cause they are absolutely tiny. I cant beleive people take their psp's back because of dead pixels. I guess it depends how many you have but mine are very small and there are only 2 or 3.
Mon 08/08/05 at 10:03
Regular
"Mozzy"
kugkv wrote:
> Oh and as for importing, I dont see the point

But I do, because right now you can get a Japanese PSP for about £150 with a game and extras. Thats £30 cheaper than the UK one and you're getting a game.

But then theres the postage which isn't that much actually, about £15, but you're still saving alot of money and Jap PSPs can play UK games AND movies.
Sun 07/08/05 at 23:23
"High polygon count"
Try this... dead pixel checker: [URL]http://psp.ign.com/articles/599/599236p1.html[/URL]
Sun 07/08/05 at 23:21
Regular
You can only see the dead pixels on PSP when the screen does go black though, and in your case mozzy... it seems you have some.

Hohohohhoo.

I dont have any. So ner.

Dead pixels can be black, white, or stuck on a certain colour like red for example.

Oh and as for importing, I dont see the point now as theyre out in a few weeks. Only thing you'll gain is getting it a bit cheaper, providing you avoid import tax.
Sun 07/08/05 at 23:17
"High polygon count"
If they're white, they're not dead. :-)

Dead pixels are constantly black.
Sun 07/08/05 at 23:00
Regular
"Mozzy"
Yeh, thats what I mean. Like when I play Hot Shots Golf and the screen goes black for a second to load the course I can see two or three very small white dots on the screen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.