GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Import PSP..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/08/05 at 19:38
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Im thinking of importing a PSP from the usa, has anyone that imported had any problems with dead pixels? I was reading on some usa sites and most of the people on there had dead pixels.
Tue 09/08/05 at 20:45
"High polygon count"
Only because it didn't get stopped by Customs. That's the chance you take.

If it had, they would have held on to it until you paid the full amount of Duty and VAT.

I've imported stuff from the US before and had no problem. But I came unstuck once, and had to pay out the best part of an additional £60 before they'd hand it over.

Items are more likely to get intercepted if they're sent by courier, such as UPS, than by a standard postal service such as USPS.
Tue 09/08/05 at 20:42
Regular
"Mozzy"
The company I got mine from (videogamesplus.ca) marked it as a gift costing £20 and I didn't have to pay anything.
Tue 09/08/05 at 20:15
"High polygon count"
Gwizz wrote:
> I think Im going to wait but if I had imported, my family have friends
> in the usa. I would have just sent the money to them, then they would
> have brought it on there credit card and sent it over as a gift. That
> way there is no charge.

Wrong.

Identifying it as a gift only serves to double the 'allowance' from £18 to £36.

http://www.dhl.co.uk/info/duty.html

"If someone sends you a gift from abroad that is over £36 in value, you will also be obliged to pay the Duty and VAT unless the person who sent it has agreed to pay it themselves. Likewise, if you are the person sending you need to remember that if you don't take the time to include the proper invoices then your shipment could be held in customs or the person you are sending to may be charged too much Duty and VAT."
Tue 09/08/05 at 15:53
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
I think Im going to wait but if I had imported, my family have friends in the usa. I would have just sent the money to them, then they would have brought it on there credit card and sent it over as a gift. That way there is no charge.
Tue 09/08/05 at 15:08
Regular
I got mine from www.videogamesplus.com, no import tax on mine, but I paid the extra for DHL delivery and it came packaged as a toy, without stating exactly what it was :).

It's all down to luck.
Mon 08/08/05 at 20:26
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
It seems to me that there is no point in importing unless you are going abroad and getting it cheaper.I have imported before and had to pay import tax so its not worth it.I went to Dubai recently and got a PSP with 2 games for £176 and it was worth it but importing from places like Lik-sang cost alot because of import tax.
Mon 08/08/05 at 19:10
Regular
""to many dead hero""
Hey if you still want a psp i am trying to get rid of mine comes with a game and the extras but as i paid a bit for it im looking too get 210.00 for it and will post it you free might go a bit lower as i just want rid off it it works fine and as far as i know it has no dead pixels the game is need for speed and will have the 32mb memory card can send pixs if needed

ps im not to sure if advertising on here is allowed if it isnt im sorry
Mon 08/08/05 at 17:38
"High polygon count"
Bonus wrote:
> Wookie, you're explanation isn't technically correct on Dead Pixels
> ;).

Depends on your definition of 'dead' I guess.

I am aware that there are many interpretations on the net that support your interpretation, that a pixel constantly displaying a single colour is 'dead'.

But in my interpretation, 'dead' means unpowered, and therefore unlit: [URL]http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/D/dead_pixel.html[/URL]

A pixel showing any colour is powered, and therefore I see it as malfunctioning, not dead. :-)
Mon 08/08/05 at 16:46
Regular
Wookie, you're explanation isn't technically correct on Dead Pixels ;).

A dead pixel can be desrcribed as any pixel constanly a single colour too, this can be red, green blue, or white.

It's classed as dead, because it's not operating properly.

My US PSP has a single White pixel every time the screen goes black.

Arguing whther it's "dead" or not is irrelevant, doesn't work properly either way ;).

This is only noticable when the screen is black as it's only a songle pixel, and you'll never notice it when things are moving, becasue you're focusing on objects displayed on the screen, not the actual screen itself :).
Mon 08/08/05 at 16:11
Regular
"Mozzy"
Well, it depend where you buy it from, this place is good: videogamesplus.ca

But the PSPs are American.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.