GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Import PSP..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/08/05 at 19:38
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Im thinking of importing a PSP from the usa, has anyone that imported had any problems with dead pixels? I was reading on some usa sites and most of the people on there had dead pixels.
Sat 13/08/05 at 16:33
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
I was looking for an import PSP, and after looking high and low for the est price I could get one sent over to me as a "gift"...total cost £138.80
Sat 13/08/05 at 16:25
"High polygon count"
It may, it may not.

Nevertheless, we all know that C&E can be barstewards when they want to make a point. Such as confiscating the cars of people bringing booze & fags back from the continent.
Wed 10/08/05 at 16:14
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> adrian wrote:
> Videogamesplus.ca are a good company as they do mark the package
> down
> as a gift of $20, but this is by no means a sure thing of getting
> away
> with customs tax.
>
> The other thing that many people don't seem to realise is that
> falsifying Customs documentation is a criminal offence, and you as
> the recipient - not the sender - may face prosecution.

That wouldn't really stand up if the company was doing it to everyone. My PSP too arrived from videogamesplus with an invoice stating I only paid $20.
Wed 10/08/05 at 13:21
"High polygon count"
adrian wrote:
> Videogamesplus.ca are a good company as they do mark the package down
> as a gift of $20, but this is by no means a sure thing of getting away
> with customs tax.

The other thing that many people don't seem to realise is that falsifying Customs documentation is a criminal offence, and you as the recipient - not the sender - may face prosecution.
Wed 10/08/05 at 13:03
Regular
"Touched!"
I don't know why quite a few people seem to think the official price hasn't been announced. It was announced over a month ago. £179.99 and as PB said so far there will only be just the Value pack.
Wed 10/08/05 at 12:44
"possibly impossible"
What? There is only 1 pack for the UK launch, the value pack, which is £179.99 (officially).

I guess various companies will put their own packages together with games etc or charge a few pounds less (like SR).
Wed 10/08/05 at 12:32
Regular
How can you guys claim flatly that there is nothing to gain?

The quoted price so far for a PSP is £179.99.

There are two packs however, a standard and value pack, and I have not yet seen anything saying the PSP will be cheaper than £179.99, so does that mean that the standard pack will be £179 and a value pack £199?

Sony haven't mentioned the pricing yet, despite the launch only being a few weeks away.

[EDIT] Amazon's listing at £178.99 is for the Value pack, so maybe it is official.
Tue 09/08/05 at 23:20
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Importing a PSP now is pretty pointless as with 3 weeks to go until the UK launch theres nothing much to gain. Got my PSP early April and paid about the same as the UK price so didnt really gain anything only having the PSP 5 months or so before hand.

Videogamesplus.ca are a good company as they do mark the package down as a gift of $20, but this is by no means a sure thing of getting away with customs tax. When ordering through VG+ I was advised by one of there staff to not order loads of stuff at the same time as a PSP and 5 games is a bigger package and could get stopped. The $20 gift marking is there to make you not pay customs at all, but if they stop the package and inspect it more carefully and find out that its not the correct value then you will be charged extra and were talking a good £50 or more for a PSP and some games. 99.9% of the time it will go through but there is always a chance it wont.

The other thing that I am not too sure about is what happens if the package is lost? $250 PSP but sent as a $20 gift, doubt you could claim the any more than $20 for it.
Tue 09/08/05 at 20:56
"High polygon count"
If you're willing to take the risk that (a) you may be charged extra by Customs, and (b) that nothing goes wrong and you don't need to return it, that's fine.

But it's only fair that others know the full facts about what could happen before they make up their mind to import.

I was going to import one myself some time ago, but decided against it for the reasons I've stated.

To be honest, at this stage, with only 3 weeks until the official UK launch, I wouldn't even consider it - it's not worth the potential hassle.
Tue 09/08/05 at 20:49
Regular
"Mozzy"
Well i've ordered from that company 4 times now and haven't had any problems, other members on these forums (Bullett for example) have used the company many times and have never been asked to pay Import Tax.

So, im willing to take that risk.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.