GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ECW Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/10/06 at 21:10
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Chat about ECW
Thu 16/11/06 at 13:45
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
I've been watching him closely and he doesn't seem any more clumsy than he ever was. I don't know what to believe these days, but i suspect RVD will be given the strap, even if Big Show isn't retiring.
Thu 16/11/06 at 13:26
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Apparently Big Show is in a bad way these days and is unlikely to be able to wrestle for much longer as his body seems to be caving in under his 530lb weight.

Interesting to see who gets the next ECW title reign.
Thu 09/11/06 at 23:27
Regular
"..."
Really enjoyed the Punk/Knox match-up on this weeks ECW, Punk was excellent as always and for the first time, I saw a bit of promise in Knox.

How long before Daivari and Sabu have a 'teatowel on a pole' match?
Tue 31/10/06 at 13:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It desperately needs a bit of everything considering how little depth the roster has
Tue 31/10/06 at 12:33
Regular
"..."
Khosrow Daivari, The Great Khali, Sylvester Terkay and Elijah Burke have all been moved from Smackdown to ECW.

ECW still desperately needs a Tag Team division.
Mon 30/10/06 at 13:14
Regular
"..."
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

"Bob Collins, a long-time promoter with WWE who worked on WrestleMania III, has been regularly covering the Detroit area in the build to WrestleMania 23. He has been telling Ford Field officials that the only match WWE has decided upon for the show is Hulk Hogan vs. The Big Show. However, that match is not 100% certain for the time being. Though, if it does end up taking place, it could very well be the final wrestling match for not one star, but both stars.

Big Show's contract expires in February and he is in a great deal of physical pain nowadays. Big Show legitimately weighs 520 pounds, finds traveling very difficult, and has already been taken off of most minor ECW house shows. Due to these problems, plans are being made to get the ECW title off of him soon. The problem with this is that Rob Van Dam is the only ECW wrestler in a good position to win it, yet Vince McMahon has been said to be determined to not to let him be the champion again following his arrest the last time around. McMahon also feels RVD cannot draw as a champion, although other WWE officials believe the crowds will be the same no matter who has the belt.

Big Show has been telling people that he is considering leaving wrestling next year and going into acting, since his size and comedic personality makes him rather unique and should get him plenty work. His original contract, signed in 1999, was $950,000 a year for ten years. It was renegotiated in 2000 when management felt he wasn't working hard enough and sent him to Ohio Valley Wrestling, with Jim Ross cutting it down to $1,000,000 a year for eight years. Eventually, Vince got irritated about paying that much for anybody in developmental and they just took him as he was in early 2001.

John Laurinaitis started talking to him about a new deal recently, which involved a major pay cut. After Kurt Angle left the company, WWE had more money available for wages and he was offered a five-year extension at the same wage, which he turned down. The company was shocked by his rejection, yet Big Show doesn't believe that he can continue due to the severe pain he is experiencing. His back is shot and he fears that he may start rapidly physically deteriorating like Andre the Giant did at around the same stage of his life.

Because they cut back his dates, he has agreed to work through February unless things get extraordinarily bad. He will then take a hiatus and hopefully recover enough to return for WrestleMania. Big Show is in a secure financial position, but he may never be able to handle a full-time schedule again. He has not confirmed anything about WrestleMania yet, but the feeling is that he will work the show due to Hogan's involvement unless he is physically incapable."
Wed 18/10/06 at 20:30
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Interesting interview with Angle:

Angle Interview
Wed 18/10/06 at 15:37
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
And apparently Vince wants to tone down the number of "extreme rules" matches on the show aswell, so basically what was left of the old ECW is being squeezed out of this "new vision"

What did Kurt have to say about Cena? I do know he said that he will never be "owned" by WWE again. Heh.
Wed 18/10/06 at 14:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
But Cena must go over everyone in the WWE, CM Punk shall be jobbed out to him shortly.

Speaking of whom Angle had quite the words to say about Cena in a recent interview :-D
Wed 18/10/06 at 14:32
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'm not looking forward to it either like you say a few more titles need to be created and they need to stop putting RAW and Smackdown matches onto the card.

It's like Vince can't let ECW be like an individual organisation and has to try and combine it with RAW and Smackdown probably because he thinks that people will know RAW and Smackdown superstars more than ECW ones and the ratings will increase. Of course this is having the opposite effect!

Still they have a couple of months to improve things but I'm not holding my breath!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.