GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Black or White - please vote"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/11/08 at 10:50
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
The non-gaming part of the forum has a white background and the games part of the forum has a black background. Now we are looking for a bit of feedback on which you prefer.

Please vote once only, which is your preference, Black or White background to the forums?
Sun 23/11/08 at 09:47
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Shadowdream wrote:
> Hmmm... wrote:
> This.
>
> Dragonlance wrote:
> And this.

I'll take that as a vote for grey writing on a grey background then.
Sat 22/11/08 at 23:01
"possibly impossible"
Oh, this is tough, I mean both JLS and Rachel were pretty bad, but which one will I send home...er...oh, sorry, wrong show.

I love the black it makes the site look great, but the white is easier to read. White, only just.
Sat 22/11/08 at 22:15
Regular
"Hello?"
Black.... naturally :D
Sat 22/11/08 at 16:50
Regular
"Mooching around"
Hmmm... wrote:
> I think I prefer the white background for the 'Freeola Services'
> forum - black might look too 'insert trendy urban word'.
>
> But perhaps more use of blues would work?
>
>
> Sticky threads:
> I don't run my main screen at full brightness, and the contrast
> for the sticky threads is quite hard to see. Perhaps you could
> add a 'sticky icon' to the sticky threads similar to the graphics
> you use in the Games forum?

This.

Dragonlance wrote:
> However, the idea of a 'different' background for a different
> forum is sound, it's just a matter of what colour? :-)

And this.
Sat 22/11/08 at 14:39
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
White is better. Black just emphasises the claustrophobic nature of the design.
Sat 22/11/08 at 13:38
"Are you sure?"
I think I prefer the white background for the 'Freeola Services' forum - black might look too 'insert trendy urban word'.

But perhaps more use of blues would work?

Sticky threads:
I don't run my main screen at full brightness, and the contrast for the sticky threads is quite hard to see. Perhaps you could add a 'sticky icon' to the sticky threads similar to the graphics you use in the Games forum?

Search Freeola Chat
Sat 22/11/08 at 13:35
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I quite like having the different colours for the different zones. If I had to choose I'd go for the white one, though that may only be because I've gotten use to it.
Sat 22/11/08 at 12:36
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Either background has its merits, but I'd tend to agree with Machie and vote for a white background.

However, the idea of a 'different' background for a different forum is sound, it's just a matter of what colour? :-)
Sat 22/11/08 at 11:09
Regular
I like the white background, I've gotten use to it for 8 years. Plus the white text on black really messes with my eyes so I try to avoid the games forum (which is why I post game related topics in here).

White - [X]
Black - [O]
Sat 22/11/08 at 10:50
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
The non-gaming part of the forum has a white background and the games part of the forum has a black background. Now we are looking for a bit of feedback on which you prefer.

Please vote once only, which is your preference, Black or White background to the forums?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.