GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion'.
Tue 23/08/05 at 16:08
"The Will of D."
The amazing sequel to one of the greatest games of all time (Morrowind, if you thought it was something stupid like Halo) is finally on its way THIS Christmas alongisde the Xbox 360 release (as Oblivion is a release game) for PC and of X360.

Now you should all know by now how detailed the graphics are, how smart all the NPC's are going to be, more or less get the jist of how the combat system will work, and that the character creation at the start will be very detailed you could have millons of different faces probably for each race too (the usual 8, Khajiits, Argonians, and all the human races), but did you know that you can use a special item in the game that allows you to revive a dead foe and turn him into a mindless bodyguard to defend and fight for you whenever you are attacked. Now if there is a spell version of this item then perhaps this wil be the ultimate necromancers tool to play the game, by using the enemies against each other.

Another thing that has recently been confirmed is the possibility to become a Vampire like in Morrowind, however in this game being a Vampire will not hinder your chances of completing any quests unlike before.

Anywa I for one have been waiting with dried drool on my chin for maybe a year now, and the wait is nearly over at last. This game will not however be delayed like Twilight Princess because they are in the final stages of production at this very moment and have they had already finished the main world structure ages ago.
Thu 25/08/05 at 08:28
Regular
Is this an MMORPG? If not, does it have any multiplayer aspect to it? That whole 'ressing dead foes' thing sounds like it would be a laugh with some mates - each res a corpse and set them about each other :D
Thu 25/08/05 at 00:03
Regular
I hope this isn't too machine hungry, although i know it will be.

I bet they force me to get a 360 for it.
Wed 24/08/05 at 21:06
"The Will of D."
Some other news some of you might not know is that Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman and Daisy Duke in the latest Dukes of Hazzard film) has come back to Bethesda to do the voices for the Nordic women in the game, like she did with the Nords in Morrowind too.

So far that's Lynda Carter, Patrick Stewart and many other all star hollywood cast that Bethesda has been pulling together for their dream team selection. So all these famous actors and actresses have been producing over 200 hours of in game voice acting.
Tue 23/08/05 at 17:45
"The Will of D."
Well one of the tight lipped secrets they have yet to reveal is the equine (Horses in lamens terms) feature in the game, so don't be so quick to assume there won't be any mounted travelling to be expected yet.

Anyway the Magic Guild has had some more info about it released too. When you first join the guild you'll be taught different types of magic spells from all the guild centres in each major city, then eventually you'll be allowed to study at the Arcane University to become a fully fledge sorcerer or Wizard (whichever term you prefer in any case) and have the abilitiy to create your very own spells AND magic items too.

Also you've probably already heard you can do magic during combat without needing to unequip your sword during casting, so there will be no need to get killed quickly undefended while conjuring up a nasty spell for the enemy you are attacking.
Tue 23/08/05 at 17:25
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Should be a most excellent game.

They've yet to release much on the details of the new magic system, but it should be an improvement on the last, however they do it.

Shame there won't be mounted combat, but I'll have to make do with Jaw-dropping graphics, full spoken dialogue, and a huge freely explorable world.
Tue 23/08/05 at 16:08
"The Will of D."
The amazing sequel to one of the greatest games of all time (Morrowind, if you thought it was something stupid like Halo) is finally on its way THIS Christmas alongisde the Xbox 360 release (as Oblivion is a release game) for PC and of X360.

Now you should all know by now how detailed the graphics are, how smart all the NPC's are going to be, more or less get the jist of how the combat system will work, and that the character creation at the start will be very detailed you could have millons of different faces probably for each race too (the usual 8, Khajiits, Argonians, and all the human races), but did you know that you can use a special item in the game that allows you to revive a dead foe and turn him into a mindless bodyguard to defend and fight for you whenever you are attacked. Now if there is a spell version of this item then perhaps this wil be the ultimate necromancers tool to play the game, by using the enemies against each other.

Another thing that has recently been confirmed is the possibility to become a Vampire like in Morrowind, however in this game being a Vampire will not hinder your chances of completing any quests unlike before.

Anywa I for one have been waiting with dried drool on my chin for maybe a year now, and the wait is nearly over at last. This game will not however be delayed like Twilight Princess because they are in the final stages of production at this very moment and have they had already finished the main world structure ages ago.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.