GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion'.
Tue 23/08/05 at 16:08
"The Will of D."
The amazing sequel to one of the greatest games of all time (Morrowind, if you thought it was something stupid like Halo) is finally on its way THIS Christmas alongisde the Xbox 360 release (as Oblivion is a release game) for PC and of X360.

Now you should all know by now how detailed the graphics are, how smart all the NPC's are going to be, more or less get the jist of how the combat system will work, and that the character creation at the start will be very detailed you could have millons of different faces probably for each race too (the usual 8, Khajiits, Argonians, and all the human races), but did you know that you can use a special item in the game that allows you to revive a dead foe and turn him into a mindless bodyguard to defend and fight for you whenever you are attacked. Now if there is a spell version of this item then perhaps this wil be the ultimate necromancers tool to play the game, by using the enemies against each other.

Another thing that has recently been confirmed is the possibility to become a Vampire like in Morrowind, however in this game being a Vampire will not hinder your chances of completing any quests unlike before.

Anywa I for one have been waiting with dried drool on my chin for maybe a year now, and the wait is nearly over at last. This game will not however be delayed like Twilight Princess because they are in the final stages of production at this very moment and have they had already finished the main world structure ages ago.
Thu 25/08/05 at 12:31
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
>
> That was one of the things I hated about Morrowind, having to read
> pages and pages of beardy nonsense everytime you talk to someone.

Except you really didn't since most of it wasn't very useful and could be gotten from those you had to talk to to complete various errands rather than talking to everyone when most of them simply said the same thing somebody else already had.

Anything important came up as soon as you talked to them without having to go through the different topic of conversation.
Thu 25/08/05 at 11:44
Regular
Voice acting?

Thank god.

That was one of the things I hated about Morrowind, having to read pages and pages of beardy nonsense everytime you talk to someone.

As long as they fix the combat as well, this game should be good.
Thu 25/08/05 at 11:16
Regular
I have no hopes to build - I knew what Hedfix meant witht he Xbox360 bit.

It's fine, I expect a single player RPG - now to read into it and yhype myself up :D
Thu 25/08/05 at 11:07
"The Will of D."
So bullett don't build up your hopes for a multiplayer for no reason coz they'll only be torn down right away.
Thu 25/08/05 at 11:03
Regular
"8==="
They already denied it would have any online multiplayer in a interview about a year ago.

Something along the lines of: "We make the best offline RPG and we intend to keep it that way".
Thu 25/08/05 at 11:01
"The Will of D."
I think the only function the X360 live will give players is the updates for the extensive player and producer mods to the game, not any multiplayer feature otherwise they would have already announced that part for sure.
Thu 25/08/05 at 10:15
Regular
Thanks for the clear-up. To someone who knows nothing about the series (me), it certainly looks like it could pull off MMORPG-ness, what with the different races and classes, the big world etc.

Still, as an offline single player, it's looking damn interesting - a 360 purchase I think.
Thu 25/08/05 at 10:13
Regular
"8==="
It will be online on the 360 in-so-much as it will be 'Live aware' like all other 360 titles.
Thu 25/08/05 at 10:09
"The Will of D."
Bethesda has intentionally made this a single player NON MMORPG, this is just a massive offline RPG adventure game. However good a multiplayer sounds it just wouldn't make the game as much a sucess as it will be without I think.
Thu 25/08/05 at 09:45
Regular
"8==="
No multi (thank god).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.