GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've quit smoking"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/02/03 at 13:05
Regular
It was a nasty habit, and I'm glad I did.
Fri 21/02/03 at 15:59
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Apparently women who smoke are hornier than those who don't.

Hence I have to smoke to make sure that I don't taste the smoke on there breath.

I only smoke natural, 'Golden Virginia'.

Rollees are ace, especially if you can knock them out in 30 seconds.

Still can't roll for when using kingsize though.

(Now what would I be using those for?)

Biggest-Acception-Of-Drugs-Ever
Fri 21/02/03 at 15:39
"Darkness, always"
I never really liked smoking. Don't see what all the fuss is about. I smoked because it was "cool", realised after a few months that "cool" was actually "quite sad", and gave up.
Fri 21/02/03 at 15:38
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Totoro wrote:
smokers smell 69% worse than non-smokers.

Heh. 69.

Anyways...Remember in school when everyone thought it was cool and hard to smoke and the groups of people who snuck out every break time for a fag looked so cool? Now when you see groups of school kids hiding in a bush outside of their school smoking, it just looks stoopid.
Fri 21/02/03 at 15:37
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
My mate stopped smoking a few months ago after I threatened to throw all the ash out of the cigarette tray down his mouth if he blew smoke into my face one more time.

He doesn't smell no more, that's great.

Now for the rest of my mates.
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:33
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Classic
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:32
Regular
"That's right!"
Pft, I stopped smoking about four months after I turned 16. As soon as it was legal, the fun was gone. Also got into a "must be healthy" mentality, and stopped drinking everything but water and milk... and beer, of course. Obviously smoking wasn't the healthiest thing to do, so I stopped.

I still smoke the occasional cigar on special occasions ("It's Friday, break out those Hamlets!") but other than that, and apart from one or two joints, ain't smoked for almost 2 years.

I keep bugging my dad to stop smoking. He's almost 60, and he's been doing it since he was 12. Can't be healthy.

People who can't stop are weak, simple as that. I went from about 50 a week to none at all in one day. And I ain't smoked a tab since. OK, 50 a week ain't much, especially when there are people who smoke 60 a day, but back then I had to sneak out to smoke, or be out with my mates. Not like I could spark up in front of my family, heh. Ah... those were the days. Used to hide tabs in my bedside cabinet. Not the most secret of places, but they were never found for over two years.

And, yes, smoking IS cool, no matter what parents say. Nearly all cool characters in films smoke, most musical artists smoke, heck, even some game characters smoke. They can't stop the kids smoking till they stop the adults.
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:29
"Darkness, always"
"How many fags you smoked?"
"More than you could possibly imagine!"

You can just see the mixed look of shock and despair on his face.
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
hoho at me

Erm my mum is one of those people Your Honour

She gave up ages ago... if I come back from a pub or something it's like

" I SMELL SMOKE, HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING? "

Smoking is pretty stupid though
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:25
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Interesting story:

I've got a Canadian mate and he came over here and lives in South London with a relative.
Anyway, about a week after touching down here, he was walking out of the train station and a homeless bloke said to him, "'ere mate, have you got a spare fag I can smoke?"

Being the foolish Canadian he is, Pete did a double-take and stared in amazement at the tramp. He then said to him, "What man? You mean you guys smoke fags out on the street? And no-one cares?"

The tramp looked at him oddly and said, "Yeah, of course we do. We smoke fags anywhere. Anyway, have you got a spare fag to smoke?"

Pete was even more startled than before. He looked at the other bloke with anger in his eyes. And Pete's a big bloke - he got irate and replied, "No, man, I haven't. Sheet man, you people are crazy in this country, man." and he walked away.

My point is, as you well know, "fags" are derogatory terms for homosexuals and to "smoke" means to shoot someone in the Canadian interpretation.

So basically, my friend phoned me up and asked how many fags I've smoked. I answered "more than you can possibly imagine". There was a profound silence on the other end of the line and then Pete said, "Listen man, how do you get away with that ****? You'd be in jail for that ****, man."

After a quick conversation on the merits of choice and freedom to do as you wished, I begun to suspect there was something amiss.

When we finally got to the bottom of this massive breakdown in communications, we fell about laughing as I explained what was going on. One of the all time classic moments. He still chuckles about it to this day.
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:21
"possibly impossible"
Which is because they are secretly, deep down, hungering for the thing their body misses so much and every small hint of smoking reminds them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.