GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are the WORST DVDs, films around????"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/01/01 at 15:19
Regular
What are the WORST DVDs, films around????

What was the worst film youve ever seen, Im lucky I havent bought a bad DVD yet. But I do know some bad movies. Ill post my worst film ever a little later (Its more painful than StarWars Episode One), when I write it.

Warn Away.
Tue 16/01/01 at 08:51
Regular
"not dead"
That's okay, as long as they camp it up a bit.

And make the robot spin is circles saying "Warning, warning", whilst it's arms lay lifeless and limp.

meka_dragon PQMS8/00
Mon 15/01/01 at 20:29
There was talk of a sequel to Lost in Space, the ending left it sort of open.
Mon 15/01/01 at 11:36
Regular
"not dead"
I think my problem with Lost in Space is that it wasn't close enough to the TV show.

Gary Oldman is a great actor, and he should have played the part really camp!

And the robot that the kid built, it's arms didn't just hang there limply, and it didn't spin in circles bleeping, and saying "Warning, warning".

That's what I hoped to see.

meka_dragon PQMS8/00
Sun 14/01/01 at 16:58
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Don't spread it about, but I did cry at the end of Contact, but then I've got a soft spot for Jodie Foster. I thought it was a rather good film, but then I am involved in the SETI project and enjoy Sci-Fi, but each time I watch Contact I get embroilled in the love sub-plot, and the bit where she meets you-know-who whilst making contact after coming out of the wormhole made me cry as well, but then I'm just a big softie anyway.

Lost in Space: an entirely different film and only really watchable on the one level, action/sci-fi. But again, being the Sci-Fi freak that I am I really quite enjoyed it. Some nice gadgets, fun jokes and good action sequences made it quite enjoyable, and I wouldn't mind seeing it again. (I've already seen both of these above films three times.)
Sun 14/01/01 at 13:40
OK people have preferences.... Boys liked Blade, because it was a glorified videogame bloodfest, girls didnt..Some people love Star Trek others dont..... Contact I thought was excellent, but a bad film, is a bad film...Susans Plan is so bad Im sure that youll never find anyone who would willingly watch it twice without being paid to do so!
Fri 12/01/01 at 19:54
"possibly impossible"
I am one of the few people who enjoyed Lost in Space. Sure, it's a no-brainer and Matt Le Blanc can't act for toffee, although I'm sure he can do a better job of it than I could, but their's something about it that kept me watching. I guess it's because I enjoy any sci-fi, although I've seen many better films with better stories.

Anyway, it was interesting to see, in the extras, what was actually left out of the film. It was nice, too, to have the music videos.

It's a bit like Contact, in that some people raved about how good the film was, relying on an intellegent storyline rather than all effects based, but also containing some lovely special effects too. Other people couldn't see what the fuss was about and said the film was complete pants. Contact, for me, was an interesting and involving story and I admired the way that they regarded this above everything else.

To sum up: Some people prefer the rollercoaster, and others the bumper cars. Some people like all the rides in the fair and will go on them many times. DVDs are like this.
Fri 12/01/01 at 12:58
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Ah man, it was the first DVD I bought when I purchased my player a couple of years ago. I think I've watched it twice heh.:)

I liked the first one, but for some reason the second one didn't do anything for me.

I really liked Scary Movie though - I bought that on Region 1 a couple of months ago. A great comedy spoof!

--
Steve
Fri 12/01/01 at 12:55
Regular
"not dead"
Non-Zero Possibility wrote:
> I Still Know What You Did Last Summer! Absolute cack! It sits in the
> very far corner of my collection proping up my other DVD
> films.

I quite enjoyed that one!

To be honest tacky horror is one of my favourite genres. The story lines are clearly pulled out of someones bottom, but I'm a sucker for watching teenagers being hacked to death.

I especially like it when you discover who the killer is, and they've barely been in the film before, except for a couple of scenes, then they come up with an elaborate motive, that probably doesn't fit the rest of the story.

For instance, the kiler spends half of the movie chasing one particular lass, without success, but manages to kill many others. At the end, the killer reveals that he planned to frame our heroine all along.

So why did he spend so damned long chasing her through tunnels?

Great fun!

meka_dragon PQMS8/00
Fri 12/01/01 at 12:46
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer! Absolute cack! It sits in the very far corner of my collection proping up my other DVD films.

--
Steve
Fri 12/01/01 at 10:20
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
I'm hard pushed to decide between Man In The Moon (which was about that bloke from Taxi) and American Beauty (which was about absolutely nothing whatsoever).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.