GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are the WORST DVDs, films around????"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/01/01 at 15:19
Regular
What are the WORST DVDs, films around????

What was the worst film youve ever seen, Im lucky I havent bought a bad DVD yet. But I do know some bad movies. Ill post my worst film ever a little later (Its more painful than StarWars Episode One), when I write it.

Warn Away.
Wed 10/01/01 at 15:19
What are the WORST DVDs, films around????

What was the worst film youve ever seen, Im lucky I havent bought a bad DVD yet. But I do know some bad movies. Ill post my worst film ever a little later (Its more painful than StarWars Episode One), when I write it.

Warn Away.
Thu 11/01/01 at 15:10
Susans Plan - Worst film ever WARNING!
This is without doubt the worst film I have ever seen its available on VHS and thankfully not DVD yet, the quality of this film is below that of even an episode of Baywatch. I like comedys. Thats why I rented this video with my freind Liam Edwards. We thought a film with Dan Akroyd in had to be good, but its so bad, so, so bad. The only good point in this film is when one of the castmembers goes mad half way through the film and shoots half the cast. Liam and I cheered with joy, unfortunately this relief was short lived as we found out it was only the character daydreaming. Do not buy or even rent this film, give it as a present to someone you hate perhaps. Ild rather pay you to watch this film than watch it again myself, Its that bad!

Oh "Universal Soldier II" is also pretty dire!
Thu 11/01/01 at 23:28
Regular
"Whatever!"
The remake of Psycho
Thu 11/01/01 at 23:30
Regular
"Whatever!"
The remake of Psycho (1998) is an example of Hollywood trying to make money from someone elses success. It is an insult to Hitchcocks masterpiece. The acting is awful, it looks wrong in colour and it shouldnt have been tampered with. How can you better an already great movie??
Fri 12/01/01 at 10:06
Regular
"not dead"
Lost in Space. I went to see this at the cinema, and it was so bad, I left before the end!

meka_dragon PQMS8/00
Fri 12/01/01 at 10:20
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
I'm hard pushed to decide between Man In The Moon (which was about that bloke from Taxi) and American Beauty (which was about absolutely nothing whatsoever).
Fri 12/01/01 at 12:46
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer! Absolute cack! It sits in the very far corner of my collection proping up my other DVD films.

--
Steve
Fri 12/01/01 at 12:55
Regular
"not dead"
Non-Zero Possibility wrote:
> I Still Know What You Did Last Summer! Absolute cack! It sits in the
> very far corner of my collection proping up my other DVD
> films.

I quite enjoyed that one!

To be honest tacky horror is one of my favourite genres. The story lines are clearly pulled out of someones bottom, but I'm a sucker for watching teenagers being hacked to death.

I especially like it when you discover who the killer is, and they've barely been in the film before, except for a couple of scenes, then they come up with an elaborate motive, that probably doesn't fit the rest of the story.

For instance, the kiler spends half of the movie chasing one particular lass, without success, but manages to kill many others. At the end, the killer reveals that he planned to frame our heroine all along.

So why did he spend so damned long chasing her through tunnels?

Great fun!

meka_dragon PQMS8/00
Fri 12/01/01 at 12:58
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Ah man, it was the first DVD I bought when I purchased my player a couple of years ago. I think I've watched it twice heh.:)

I liked the first one, but for some reason the second one didn't do anything for me.

I really liked Scary Movie though - I bought that on Region 1 a couple of months ago. A great comedy spoof!

--
Steve
Fri 12/01/01 at 19:54
"possibly impossible"
I am one of the few people who enjoyed Lost in Space. Sure, it's a no-brainer and Matt Le Blanc can't act for toffee, although I'm sure he can do a better job of it than I could, but their's something about it that kept me watching. I guess it's because I enjoy any sci-fi, although I've seen many better films with better stories.

Anyway, it was interesting to see, in the extras, what was actually left out of the film. It was nice, too, to have the music videos.

It's a bit like Contact, in that some people raved about how good the film was, relying on an intellegent storyline rather than all effects based, but also containing some lovely special effects too. Other people couldn't see what the fuss was about and said the film was complete pants. Contact, for me, was an interesting and involving story and I admired the way that they regarded this above everything else.

To sum up: Some people prefer the rollercoaster, and others the bumper cars. Some people like all the rides in the fair and will go on them many times. DVDs are like this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.