GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NGC RULE!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/02/03 at 12:52
Regular
Anyone get their monthly-magazine through the door this morning?
I did - and I'm more than happy with what I got...

Inside, it's not a lot different. A few reviews here and there, including US versions of Monkey Ball 2, and a preview to Enter The Matrix, but nowhere as near as good as the ones we got in the last issue.
The best thing about this one though, is the free gift...

We've been promised it for the last few issues now, and finally; here it is! Another DVD with not only 30 mins of Japanese 'Wind Waker footage, not only is there a load of Metroid Prime clips in there too, but there's also a bit of Ura Zelda, Animal Crossing, and even some Ikaruga, too!

How's that for their "Best Free Gift Yet"??!
Beats some green "frisbee"-type-thing, or a tips book by miles!!

Haven't got yourself a copy yet? Go out and buy it NOW!
Nick it, if you have to!!

I have to say that I'm impressed with Ikaruga, and that I really cannot wait for either Zelda or Animal Crossing now. But Zelda still tops my most-wanted list, and my few doubts over whether I'll like Metorid-or-not are beginning to fade.

Don't even give "NOM" or "CUBE" a second-chance!!
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:30
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Solskjær wrote:
> And don't wait 'till later to get it... Get it now!!

I went into town just now and they didn't have itl, i ended up with an issue of Edge, i'll check again tomorrow
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:40
Regular
30 minutes?

Good gift but I won't be watching it, it'll spoil too much of the game.
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I know what you mean. But it is good fun to run-around those GoldenEye-esque levels with 3 other GoldenEye fans that loved the game; all in a next-generation title, too.

And plus, it gave me some help and ideas for creating some of my own maps... I haven't done that in a while though....
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:55
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I thought the same, about spoiling Zelda and that.
But after watching it, I don't think it's spoil much at-all.

Basically, you only see the things they've told us about in all those previews, and like they said with those, they try not to tell us about anything THAT big.

You only really see Link fighting some enemies, Link getting given his sword from his old granny, being taught how to use it by that guy who looks like a "Miyagi-'toon", the first-part of the first real boss-battle (the one from the very-end of the Zelda footage on the last DVD), and... some more stuff. But it's not really what I'd call "a lot", if even "much".

And anyway, it's not like you can read any of the Japanese text, so you can find out barely anything about what lies-ahead in the storyline.

Just get it, and watch it!
It's worth it for some of the new tunes, alone.
You'll then be wanting Zelda even more!
Thu 20/02/03 at 15:09
Regular
Solskjear you're in again for a top five, they say if you send them youre address you can choose a GBA game.

BTW it's on Page 77
Thu 20/02/03 at 15:19
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Cheers Joe Dark!! :D
I never noticed that!

But I don't have a GBA SP yet! :'(

I wonder if I get to choose the game?
I'll e-mail them again... :)

Better not be some cack like Top Gun, like that other guy won.... :P
Thu 20/02/03 at 16:16
Regular
"bit of a brain"
There aren't really any surprises in the Zelda footage, other than the rather rubbish mandatory chapter selection. Although it does spoil a few of the puzzles, especially in the dungeon. And the first dungeon boss looks to be spoiled (there is a chapter oon the boss).

The Metroid footage is good, if a little boring. I'm sure Metroid is great to play, but watching someone else play it is almost the height of tedium.
And the Animal Crossing section is half taken up by the constant cutting of trees, and K.Ks Samba.
Thu 20/02/03 at 16:17
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
If it's in the shops later I'll buy it.

Did you know that I've been so good that all I know about Zelda is that his sister is kidnapped and it's Cel Shaded. I've read no previews or nothing.

Aren't I good.
Thu 20/02/03 at 17:44
Regular
I was dissapoited by the AC footage they put on the DVD, they should of put something more interesting than cutting trees and a boat ride one.
After a minute I stopped watching the Zelda WW footage as I knew it would give some stuff away.
Thu 20/02/03 at 18:07
Regular
I hope they have it at my local alldays. I didn't actually think they'd release it on the date stated in the calender. Especially after it was out a WEEK after the date mentioned. RARR!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.