GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OVERCLOCKING AND MODDING THREAD........"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/02/03 at 19:53
Regular
Well i know i have done a thread like this a while back but i thought i would try again and see if any of the noobs are interested in this sort of thing and want some advice and help from us pro's :).

c.b.
Tue 11/02/03 at 18:14
Regular
usually it's a jumper like you get on the back of your hard drive and you move it from pin 1+2 to pin 2+3 and press the power button then put it back, sometimes you have to unplug the psu for a minute or so just to completely discharge all backup power to the bios.

c.b.
Tue 11/02/03 at 18:13
Regular
"..."
Smashed wrote:
> has anyone seen any fully clear cases.

yep, they is cool. We will be selling them in a few weeks. :)
Tue 11/02/03 at 18:12
Regular
Them clear cases are pretty cool although it is hard not to get loads of finger marks on them while building your pc into it, most of them actually come with special gloves, I might get one then put a couple of cathodes in it and run a water cooling rig in it with illuminous dies, also get some illuminous round cables, it would be like watching a lava lamp.

Dunno what to get next ????.

c.b.
Tue 11/02/03 at 18:11
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
It got me confused too.

AMD_MAN wrote:
> An agp card cannot fit into a pci slot as they use differnt bus
> speeds, the pci bus is 32bit and the agp slot is 64bit (i think), that
> must be wrong, or ive never heard of it???.
>
> c.b.
Tue 11/02/03 at 18:10
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
you know that thing about the jumper to clear the bios. is it simply just a little switch that u push up and down again.
Tue 11/02/03 at 18:09
Regular
An agp card cannot fit into a pci slot as they use differnt bus speeds, the pci bus is 32bit and the agp slot is 64bit (i think), that must be wrong, or ive never heard of it???.

c.b.
Tue 11/02/03 at 18:06
Regular
Easy ways of overclocking.......

First of all a bit about the cpu, the speed of a cpu is worked out by the speed of the fsb (front side bus) times a multiplier (which is normally set by the motherboard these days), so for instance a Pentium 4 2.0a will be 100(fsb) x 20(mutiplier) = 2000, so to overclock you need to change the fsb, this can be done in most bioses (apart from most intel motherboard which figurs) you have to change the fsb manualy and do it buy increments of 5mhz then boot into windows and run a burnin test to make sure it is stable, then restart and do it again and keep doing it untill either windows crashes or you get BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) or it will not boot at all, if you only get a crash or BSOD then restart and either lower the fsb a bit or you can raise the voltage of your cpu, but only raise this by 10% max as this will cause most heat (although i have always raised my voltages pretty high but i have adequate cooling, so i wouldnt suggest it straight away), if your pc does not boot at all then you will need to re-set the bios, to do this you will find a jumper on your motherboard that clears the cmos (see motherboard manual, if you havnt got one the download one form the manafacturers website), once the bios is cleared then start again.

REMEMBER KEEP AND EYE ON TEMPERATURES OF THE CPU, download a program called Motherboard monitor which shows the cpu temp in windows,http://mbm.livewiredev.com (down at the moment but hmonitor will do,http://www.hmonitor.com )

Harder ways of overclocking are.............

Not really good idea for amatuer but trial and error is a good way to learn, to make an overclocked computer stable and able to get higher clocks you need Higher cpu voltage, good PSU and good cooling, Raising the voltage to high can casue the cpu to stop working, although this has never happened to me, some people do voltage pin modifications to there cpu, can probably find guids to this on www.google.co.uk as im not going through the differant ways to do this with each cpu, if you have a question about a certain cpu then i will help. People also unlock the multipliers on there cpu, this may not give you much more mhz in power for the cpu but you can lower the multiplier but raise the fsb which will all round give you better performcne than just mhz.

Any questions ???.

c.b.
Tue 11/02/03 at 18:03
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
oh, amd man is it possible to have a agp card that fits in to a pci coz i was looking on one of those links you gave me and it was a agp card but compatible with pci bus
Tue 11/02/03 at 18:02
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
has anyone seen any fully clear cases.
Tue 11/02/03 at 18:01
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Darkus wrote:
> Have some pics of mine too then :)

Yeah dude that's a nice case. I'm going for green and blue cathodes in my next PC (which will be a Shuttle), so I'll be able to choose my colour.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.