GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recently I've noticed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/02/03 at 22:12
Regular
That being nice has gotten me no where, only brought people taking advantage of them.

I'm not going to be nice to people from now on, except my family.
Sun 09/02/03 at 12:04
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I haven't been evil yet though

I will maybe soon

Too much effort
Mon 10/02/03 at 00:10
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Nice guy?
>
> Can't you see?
>
> [lots more detail]

It amazes me how much I read on this forum without replying...

Anyway, I feel the need to add to this topic. I have met The Ultimate Nice Guy, and he undeniably finishes last beyond measure. Unless you've seen this kind of extreme, you might not be able to see where Grix is coming from, but believe me, he's right.

The Ultimate Nice Guy always thinks of others before himself, and wouldn't dream of offending anyone. Quite often he will either keep his comments to himself, or make unnecessary apologies - just to be safe. The Ultimate Nice Guy is a christian, and of course does not drink, smoke or gamble.

The Ultimate Nice Guy has no real friends. This is despite his being friendly towards everyone. Or perhaps because of it. He is not antisocial or introverted. He knows and talks to everyone, though they all wish he didn't. They tolerate him only because they cannot bring themselves to offend or hurt the feelings of such a geniunely good person.

He really is a child trying to please. He's utterly selfless. He has the same aura of innocence, and is treated the same way. He isn't respected for the way he is, he's regarded as naive. People can't see him as their equal. He isn't real. As Grix said, he 'prides himself on so little'. So little that he has no depth, he provokes no interest. He's not a real person, he's missing something important. He's genuine, yet fake. He dosn't even realise this, bless him.

People can't relate to him, or adjust to his wavelength. This is why he can't form close relationships with people. I have no doubt he has real feeling and emotions. I have no doubt he has intelligent thoughts, inner beauty and whatnot.

I have no doubt that he really doesn't see himself the same way everyone else does. The same goes for all people who are 'nice' (to verying degrees) and cannot undersand where they're going wrong.

Nice is a component you can add to yourself, not a container you should put yourself inside.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.