GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recently I've noticed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/02/03 at 22:12
Regular
That being nice has gotten me no where, only brought people taking advantage of them.

I'm not going to be nice to people from now on, except my family.
Sat 08/02/03 at 00:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Or†ega wrote:
> Its still okay to be nice if you *look* intimidating.

True. Try wearing chainmail sheepy.
Sat 08/02/03 at 00:16
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
Or†ega wrote:
> Its still okay to be nice if you *look* intimidating.

Who'd be intimidated of you? I've seen your pic of SO.
Sat 08/02/03 at 00:19
Regular
Nice guy?

Can't you see?

People pride themselves on the fact that they're a "nice" person. They truly believe that by never saying what's on their mind and just being there to hold people while they cry, that they're a "nice" person.

It's you. You pride yourself on so little and then don't understand why people can't see the "good" in you. It doesn't matter how many times you will hold back anger or hide depression just so you can give someone a pat on the back... it doesn't matter how much you do for people, buy them, make them... You are no more than a child to a parent. You want their approval, their satisfaction, their love and attention for just doing all the things you got praised for as a kid.

Parenthood turns us into slaves. We become creatures that have this sentimental warmth for pleasing people. We're not "nice" guys, we're just kids.

And to think otherwise is just stupid. I get pleasure in laughter, in fun, in excitement, and sometimes just in life. I'd happily watch Naked Gun and laugh my head off, and I'd equally watch Koyaanisqatsi and just marvel at the world.

We are raised to be pleasured by being slaves. It's really bloody hard to snap out of, especially, if like me, you just love attention. :0)
Sat 08/02/03 at 00:20
Regular
Jonman wrote:
> Nice guys don't get laid.

This is so true, I tryed being relly nice to a girl I fancied before, the guy who treated her like crap ended up getting laid.

Nice guys finish last as the Greenday song does say.
Sat 08/02/03 at 01:15
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I'm nice but seem to get more than my fair share.

Maybe I'm nice but in a nasty way.
Sat 08/02/03 at 09:44
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
So Grix - what parts of us come from places other than childhood?

Or something.
Sat 08/02/03 at 10:12
Regular
Nothing.

But I guess, your entire past is your childhood. I kinda think that adulthood is just pretending that you're not a child anymore, and maybe we're still all kids really.

I'm always learning, about myself and how I can be a better person... so I guess I'm just always a kid, and I probably always will be. I won't say it applies to everyone else, but I kinda think it does.
Sat 08/02/03 at 10:23
Regular
"everyone says it"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> I'm nice but seem to get more than my fair share.
>
> Maybe I'm nice but in a nasty way.

You be on fire. :D
Sat 08/02/03 at 15:27
Regular
"cachoo"
Jonman wrote:
> Nice guys don't get laid.

Nice guys DO get laid.
Sat 08/02/03 at 15:46
By the time you get to the age that nice guys are appreciated its far too late to get much benefit from it. And nice guys are a dieing breed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.