GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Space shuttle just exploded"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/02/03 at 15:35
Regular
About half an hour ago. Seven astronauts inside were all killed. Check CNN/Sky News.
Mon 03/02/03 at 14:28
Regular
"cachoo"
Aren't you the clever one?! :)

The thought of that is horrible.. totally put me off wanting to go up there now..
Mon 03/02/03 at 14:31
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Nah I read that somewhere
Mon 03/02/03 at 14:32
Regular
"cachoo"
:D Could've fooled me! Well, you did..
Mon 03/02/03 at 14:39
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
monkey_man wrote:

> If only he could use the internet to register his voice, rather than
> looking at a PC and trying to shove bricks in it's holes.

LOL

**realises it's a serious topic, hangs head in shame and leaves**
Mon 03/02/03 at 15:58
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Goatboy wrote:
> Hands up who cared when it was launched...anyone?
> *looks back through topics*
> ...anyone?...anyone?
>
> No media coverage, no reports on the progress.

I did follow the mission, mainly because of the unusual fact of their being an Isreali on baord and the threat of terrorist attacks. I remeber looking at Google News' Sci and Tech section while it was delayed launch again and again, when it launched and while they were up there. Also, when they departed and all seemed well.
There was some coverage, but very little on major news networks. This is becuase of that small matter of war we hear so much about these days.
Mon 03/02/03 at 16:05
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
TÞhi wrote:
> There was some coverage, but very little on major news networks. This
> is becuase of that small matter of war we hear so much about these
> days.

---

I got the impression there was no coverage because nobody cares about shuttle launches these days?
I didnt even know the Challenger was up there and I couldn't tell you when it launched.
I dont remember worldwide coverage of the launch and I watch a *lot* of news.

I could be wrong though
Mon 03/02/03 at 16:13
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
There isn't the motivation to explore space anymore. We've gone into space and found nothing. Until we have the technology to move beyond our own solar system what else does space hold for us? Mars Landings? and what is the point in that? Unfortunatly without the interest in space travel we will never develop technology to get us further out. A vicious circle perhaps.
Mon 03/02/03 at 16:18
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Unless NASA can make Drake style discoveries: like tabacco and the potato, it isn't worth it.

Therefore if a NASA mission was being launched to find those nymphomaniac Amazons on the Moon, I'd be at the launch waving them away, with a big banner saying "save some for me, spacemen".
Mon 03/02/03 at 16:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'd be right beside you waving my co...a placard as well.

I do find it strange that we're so intent on exploring space, yet we've explored 2% of the ocean's depths.
Surely it would be better to have a rummage below the sea before we start launching spacemen into orbit?
Mon 03/02/03 at 16:23
"Darkness, always"
Personally, I'd rather people left the oceans alone. The more we explore tham, the more likely we are to screw them up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.